Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always wanted a 240sx with a 2jz but I cant afford what i cost to achieve the power I want. I was thinking about the LS1 swap and I know its stupid to maybe 98% of you because im not keeping the import scheme. I want to buy a 96 240 and buy a crate motor with warranty :) and boost it. I am looking to get around 800-900 hp. Any help? Also if you live in south florida I need a 96 240.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
There is nothing wrong with an LS swap. First off, you wont get anywhere with a crate motor. Buy a "motor set" you will need the motor, tranny, harness and ECU. Chances are your not gonna boost it with a turbos as theres just not the room. You can look into supercharging it with either a magna, or a procharger kit for the GTO. Do your research there is alot of info on this swap. Try the LS forums.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah if moneys not a problems go for it, You have to beef up the front suspension though, the ls1 is a heavier motor. henison super cars has bolt in kits you can buy for that swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so how much money are we talking to pull 800-900 hp out of my ls1. I heard with just about 10k its good to go?

·
Registered
2 Posts
there is no way you are going to make 800-900whp with 10gs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok but you only answered half the question what range we talking about money wise to build a ls1 like that?

·
Registered
92 Posts
ok like everyone else sead LS1 tech is a better forum for info on this swap. If you go there try searching single cam swap plus boost. i'm not sure if thats right but if it is, its an s13 with an ls swap and a pro charger. That car is bad ass

·
Registered
2 Posts
the used motorset alone could cost between $4000-$5000. Ive seen some go for $3500. Plus the mount kit and im assuming your own labor. all im saying is that trying to get into that power range will be hard with your budget of 10gs.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
it is do able if you can find it at a self pull junk yard. turbos, or supercharges for like 60 bucks. that is if you can find em though. not really for a grand of power. why such high goals. the car would be hard as hell to use other than for straight line.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
I actually do not like the sikky mounts, well its not the mounts, its their "special oil pan". Daft Innovations has a real nice set up using the GTO pan, and their prices are good.
The motor sets range in price depending on the car and mileage. Autos are cheaper. Your better off not getting a corvette set up as you cant use the transmission.

The swap its self is pretty straight forward and not that difficult, some have said its easier than an SR swap. Basically your just bolting up the new engine, getting a Y pipe fabbed, finding someone to delete the VATS and whatever else you want, you can wire it or get hinson or daft to do the harness, get a dokata signal converter and your pretty much set.

10gs in mods could probably get you 800HP but doing the swap upgrades and getting the motor plus the 800HP is probably not possible. LS motors are a great platform.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah if moneys not a problems go for it, You have to beef up the front suspension though, the ls1 is a heavier motor
Actually I think your wrong, I'm 99.99% sure that ka and sr All said and done in the car I believe are heavier than the all aluminum v8 all said and done in the car...........reading is fundamental

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
Yea....quick google proves you wrong, on many sources. It's not OMG more weight, but it weighs more. That's before the tranny on the back of it too. Either way...

1.5 year old thread.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So what about a motor bay of a 350 or 370z? is that going to fit a LS2 swap better?

I sold my SR and Ka s13's for school and i am graduating college soon, I was thinking the LS swap 370Z might make a good race car if I can find a blown motor 350 or 370 with no severe frame or body damage.

Maybe work for or find a buddy that works in an insurance company who deals with people who dont do oil changes regularly enough.

Any thoughts on if that would make a good Track car? I don't like the under tuning and low power of the VQ...and with Turbo kits for them costing that much...seems much easier to reach 560hp with the lightest V8 in the market (LS block).

Any insight?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts