Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
the ls7 it self will cost more then the some of the rest of the parts, including the car.

and hinson super cars sells a kit, but check out silviav8.com for more info.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i agree totally, thats why i said check out silviav8.com first.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Well I can actually see the benefit of Hinsion. If you want you can get everything there. Mounts, wiring, driveshaft, clutch line, ect... Not everyone has the skills needed to fab up mounts and re-wire a car. The LS7 though is going to be a reach. At $13,000 for just the motor you're going to need some serious monies...

·
Registered
841 Posts
word thats the link in my profile just an fyi. and for harness you can have speartech do it. honestly tho right meow the best bet is using universal mounts and fabbing up a mount to the x-member. or theres talk of a complete custom subframe

im member number 16 there :moon

·
Registered
841 Posts
im 11! ha...ha word. back on topic.......... any other q's?
your like 68. i looked. yeah im that bored/loser/....

·
Registered
841 Posts
f post count.

im a lurker at heart.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Keep your LS7 out of 240's, they run fine with their designated motor.

you do realize this statement makes no sense at all. The LS7 is a motor, and you say it should stay in it's motor?

As I stated you can get a complete LS7 for less than $15,000. The motor alone is $12,995 from summit if you look. However for the money I think I would just find a ls1 and buy one of the 427 stroker kits and go that route if you want a 427(LS7) so badly. Something else that GM just released that is also up for consideration is the new LSX block. You can make a 511Ci small block. That would be insane in a S-chassis for sure...

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
Keep your LS7 out of 240's, they run fine with their designated motor.

DLSRacing it makes sense if you read the "they" as a reference to the only plural noun (240's). So what he is saying is because your 240's run fine with KA's you shouldn't swap the motor. ............. .................. ................................... Ok DLS you were right, makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever. Honestly I'd love to see a LS7 in a S13 but the fact that the motor costs more than the car (probably 3-4x its costs) would make me laugh at the owner for doing it.

One question I do have about these LS swaps... If you swap in a LS1 from 96+.... Would you pass OBD-II emissions? lol.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts