Nissan 240SX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
yep. it has the odb2 port and everything when you do the swap. and its legal too since its an engine from the same or newer year car

thats depends on where you live.
in some areas you can not swap in a motor with more cylinders then the car was available from teh factory with.

example, you can legally put a ls1 in a v6 camaro, cuase it was available stock.

but a 240 was only available with a 4, so you cant even put in a 6.

depends on where you live and how strict they are. sometimes you can get special approval.

·
Registered
841 Posts
ls7's cost about 20k. ls1's can be found for 2500 if LUCKY. ls7's a 7 liter and has a dry sump. ls1's come in 5.3 6.0 5.7 etc
all these motors are the same series sorta. parts are interchangeable for the most part between all but the ls7. i think they are working on that though, my info may be a little out of date.

ls1 is 5.7
ls2 is 6.0
ls6 is 5.7 z06 motor
ls7 is 7.0 z06 motor
lq series is 4.8(iron or aluminum block),5.3 (iron or aluminum block), or 6.0 (iron or aluminum block)

there is a new 6.6, but i think thats not the same series, i think its considered a big block.

ps, i like american muscle too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a lt1 im putting in my 240. Just got to get the internals and assemble it. And pick out a tranny. it will make 350hp to the wheels, and about an estimated 400lb ft of torque. Not too bad considering i picked up the block for 75 bucks, vortec heads for 100, and forged internals for 230. oh and the t10 tranny was only 350 for a rebuilt one. Thats under 800 for the powertrain and its balls fast

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
actually i already have an ls7 motor pretty much brand new i pulled it of and brand new crashed corvette thats why im asking its pretty much the whole front clip. my uncle spunn out and spilt the car pretty much in half. the car still started up but the back is gone lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Check out www.hinsonsupercars.com They have kits for s13's and s14's and RX-7'S to drop in LS6 AND 7 motors. I considered it because I work at a Cadi dealership and we often pull LS7 motors from CTS-V's that customers want to replace with mail order strocker motors and other customers blow the motors and don't have the mone to fix them go figure you buy a $65,000 toy and then can't afford to repair it cause warranty won't cover it. Well I hope that web site helps.!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
obviously i already have an s13 and i have the motor other wise i wouldnt ask for the mounting equipment. im gonna have to pull some strings i need a solid rear and possibly tube the back a lil so i can get a wider tire in there. going for a 9 sec 240sx

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
why wouldnt someone just go with a 3400 or a 3800, v6' and can be boosted uber easy and very good hp/tq numbers
3.8 GM motors are based on the 3.8 liter buick block. capable of some great numbers, but they have been known to have oiling problems.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Hey Check out www.hinsonsupercars.com They have kits for s13's and s14's and RX-7'S to drop in LS6 AND 7 motors. I considered it because I work at a Cadi dealership and we often pull LS7 motors from CTS-V's that customers want to replace with mail order strocker motors and other customers blow the motors and don't have the mone to fix them go figure you buy a $65,000 toy and then can't afford to repair it cause warranty won't cover it. Well I hope that web site helps.!!!
cts-v's come with the 7 liter motor now?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
obviously i already have an s13 and i have the motor other wise i wouldnt ask for the mounting equipment. im gonna have to pull some strings i need a solid rear and possibly tube the back a lil so i can get a wider tire in there. going for a 9 sec 240sx
you tryna set a world record buddy? good luck....thats less than a seccond away from the fastest recorded 240sx IIRC.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts