Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was talking to a buddy whos got a '93 240, he was sayin how theres a stock lsd that comes out of the infiniti j30 that would fit right into a stock s13 rear end. does anyone know of any truth to this or is it just bull? thanks guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
there's a site called ka42development i believe is the name and it has every lsd swap imaginable to do to your 240. And it is very detailed as to what mods need to be done to fit the perticular housing/axle combo

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Um... It works... both my S14's have been running the same J30 LSD for years. Only issue is that I had to swap out the axles because I was too lazy to swap the output shafts on the diff for a set of 6 bolt output shafts that would work with the stock open diff's 6 bolt axles.

No, you don't need to swap out the back diff cover for a different one, just leave the J30 diff how you found it and bolt it up in there. You won't need to hack the sub frame. And it won't cause the drive shaft to be wedged in at all, the J30 diff and the stock open diff are the same in all the important dimensions that effect fitment. Just do it, and enjoy the throttle steer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What?! It works?!!

With a question the SIMPLE, why waste your time?! I was bored at work when I posted that. A quick Google search will unleash a WEALTH of information. Regardless of the question, with a popular item )like the 240SX) it has been covered so often that that the answer is a click away!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
What?! It works?!!

With a question the SIMPLE, why waste your time?! I was bored at work when I posted that. A quick Google search will unleash a WEALTH of information. Regardless of the question, with a popular item )like the 240SX) it has been covered so often that that the answer is a click away!
well im sorry that sarcasm doesnt always translate very well online =.=

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i was talking to a buddy whos got a '93 240, he was sayin how theres a stock lsd that comes out of the infiniti j30 that would fit right into a stock s13 rear end. does anyone know of any truth to this or is it just bull? thanks guys.
Yes...it works i have a 93 coupe... went to junkyard pulled one out of a 93 J30....took to a shop for cleaning and its been working fine...needs a rebuild....but...yes it works...for sure...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts