Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my first car, and its going to be some variation of a 240. Fell upon a 95 w/ an RB25 for 3k.

haven't checked out the car yet, but before I do, I had a question - how expensive/difficult is it to maintain an rb?

i have a little mechanical background, ive changed retainers/timing belt/exhaust/cams/lifters/rods/springs/this list is getting long, but anyways, would I be able to work on an RB?

and how expensive are the parts relative to a ka?

please reply quickly, i want some input before tomorrow afternoon.

thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Parts can be a little more expensive depending on where you buy them. There is a great list of parts from other Nissan and Infinity vehicles that match up to the RB engines. You can order those from most Nissan dealerships for a reasonable price. Aside from that, I don't think maintaining an RB engine is any more difficult. It would be worth noting that anybody who swapped an RB into their car has probably abused the hell out of it or did a bad swap, so plan on some maintenance early on. Just go into it thinking you're getting a car that doesn't work right - fix it as necessary - and you'll be happier.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yea I agree with radianation but my problem is a 95 with a rb25 for 3k seems very unrealistic so I would definitely check it out very thoroughly. I see 95's stock selling for 3k so with a RB25 i would be very iffy as to why it's so cheap.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The RB25 isn't some special racing engine. It shares quite a few parts with the Z32 300zx.
Mechanically you'd be fine, can't say that about electrically where all the problems usually are....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts