Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a 1991 240sx with the ka24de, car has always ran rough, originally the maf tested bad, was shooting black exhaust smoke since it was running very rich.
we replaced it but it still runs the same, ive ohm tested the injectors, cleaned spark plugs checked for spark, my only questions is could it be the coil or ignition control module? if so how do i test both of those. also side note we thought maybe it might be grounding so we added more grounding and the problem went a way for a couple hundred miles then eventually came back so thats when i did everything stated above even swapping in a new megasquirt ecu and it made no difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i honestly think its either the ignition control module or even the coil, im not the best at googling and having a hard time finding how to test both, i know how to check for resistance and stuff like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
throttle position sensor

If you have a timing light unplug all connectors for TPS and check timing ka24de is 18 degrees timing. After you set timing turn off the car and plug in the tps and start the car and check timing again. If your timing went down 5 degrees or so. your ecu might not know where your TPS is and is going into a limp mode dumping more fuel.

Looked up how to reconfig it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts