Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished manual conversion but car wont start I read something about wires being jumped together by fuse box but was vage please give me advice. do i need a manual computer also? i have both

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, keep your AUTO ecu, it's better (no top speed limiter for 4th or 5th, and higher redline). Look at the auto harness you pulled out. There would have been a switch for Park or Neutral. Those are the ones you twist together.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
you twisted the ones underneath the fusebox right? They are on the thick side. Thats all you would need to do. If you need anymore help ask me. I finished two 5 speed conversions this month.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ill call you this afternoon, yes you use the auto ecu and the manual lower harness. I did not worry about any of the other sensors. If you twisted the two wires together that should be it. Is everything around the starter and battery hooked up. Ill try to take some pics for you.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Lots of pics be ready.............

First pic just to double check.. These are the ones you twisted correct?
A Black/white wire and a black/yellow

Second pic, Nothing goes into these plugs however you will need some of the wires for your reverse. back on that later.

Third pic no use for this plug

Everything else should match up pics, using the manual harness. The starter and alternator all plug up with no problems

Thats all i did. I did not worry about anything else. This should get your car to crank and start.

For the reverse lights and speedo if you did not get that to work just in case
You had a plug on your manual harness with these colors green/white, green blue, yellow/black, yellow/blue ect.. Cut this plug off

Also cut this one near the fusebox with the yellow/black and yellow/blue wire

Connect the yellow/black and yellow/blue with the ones on the other plug. This is you speedo.

Back to the plug that has the green/white and green/blue that you cut. Match these to the middle plug near the fusebox

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the help man I did all that the car still wont crank. lol
if i croos the wires that are twisted with the plug is should go to the car cranks but wont start.

·
Registered
309 Posts
ok, my buddy has a 1989 240sx auto - manual conversion w/ HUD. we just put the sr20det in it and the engine is running great! problem is we have no speedo or reverse lights. we are using the JDM tranny harness. So i went thru with these directions and still have nothing. I paired up the yellow/black and yellow/blue (there are 2 wires that are yellow and blue). and the green/blue and green/white wires.. nothing. maybe since this is the jdm harness its a lil different? Please help me out asap. thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.