Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just curious to what everyone was doing in the motor mount areas of their car? i am needing to replace my driver side mount,and have decided to pick up a new set. i have heard some of you guys talking about soggy mounts, i was just curious what is my best bet? i want a nice solid stiff mount, and i know there are a good amount of them out there. I wanna know what you guys are running and what you think would be best. thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok so i see you guys are talking about motor mounts, havent really looked at it yet, but im lookin to put a rb25 in my 240. its a s13 and its gonna be non turbo. just curious on if i could use stock motor mounts or if i would need to buy new ones. if i gotta buy new ones could anyone help me out with a link id need.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ran Kazama motors and Nismo trans in my old s13...they were great. As for my current one...going with Xcessive solids with the lowering bracket.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i am runing the ones from jgy customs(i know they have a bit of a bad rap, but they were good to me on more than one occasion), they are the shit!! you could also go the hockey puck route if your on a budget

·
Registered
3 Posts
nismo mounts

i recently installed the whole set, the tranny mount was straight forward, however the motor mounts required some modifying. had to grind the mount tips down to the thread in order to fit them into their brackets. also had to modify the drivers side motor mount heat shield with a dremel tool to make that fit. not that the engine will be raised a lil less than a half inch. definitely stiiffer than the 20 year mounts that were in there; engine stays in place now. feel more cabin vibraton at idle but feels nice when i shift. got mine from the nismo shop in west covina, ca for $195.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts