Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im Moving to Florida in the fall, and going to school there. I plan on renting a house with a 3 car garage which will most definetly turn into a mini-240sx mechanics race shop, (heaven). Basically, I come from the small town in North East America, and am used to saftey like no other. My primary concern is theft out of the home, wether it be my 240 or my tacoma truck. My question is; where in Florida is the best place to live? I plan to be in the Tampa or Orlando area, and I do not mind a up to a 30 minute commute to school. Which towns should I be looking into?? ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
The big areas of Theft: Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville not in any order.

What school have you decided? You better have a lot of money or some secured source of income, florida is like 2nd or 3rd in highest unemployement in the US.

·
Gestapo [MOD]
2,870 Posts
Orlando was theft city when I lived there. No less than 4 of my friends' apartments were broken into while I was going to school, and in one case it was an armed robbery while they were home. That was living in the "good" part of town too...

Staying near the resorts (about 30 minutes outside of Orlando) might be better and there's certainly more to see there.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Not familar with FL....but if it is like everywhere else...the suburbs would be safest. Get a guard dog (Akita is what I got) And an alarm for your house...video survalience would be advisable....but dont go cheap...get the shit with date and time on it or the cops cant use it as evidence...and that defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
im in lakeland FL and theres isnt to many problems here and its right in the middle of tampa and orlando like 20min to Tampa and 30min to orlando

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
^ i wonder if the OP ever actually followed up on this or even moved to florida. his 1 post total is a bad sign.... maybe his computer was stolen.

·
Registered
241 Posts
^ i wonder if the OP ever actually followed up on this or even moved to florida. his 1 post total is a bad sign.... maybe his computer was stolen.
Haha true. I mean that's the first thing I thought about when I joined this bored. How can I get tip for moving to Kansas City?

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
why would you want a subaru in florida? its just paved roads and swaps, get yourself someting 2wd (preferably RWD) so you can do mad burnouts for the ladies at stop lights.

unless you know of any twisty gravel roads with elevation change

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
why would you want a subaru in florida? its just paved roads and swaps, get yourself someting 2wd (preferably RWD) so you can do mad burnouts for the ladies at stop lights.

unless you know of any twisty gravel roads with elevation change

Well we get a lot of rain here, and just like you said a lot of swamps. Aint no 2wd gonna do shit in the swamp.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Yea if only that was true, shits been raining for the past 2 weeks and its practically the whole day, I've barely gone out riding.

Thats exactly what need around more 33" trucks around here. Damn fucking rednecks here, dont know how to drive. I seriously hate the drivers here in Florida.

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
i think every state has the retard drivers.... especially those jack-asses that ride around in the mini-monstor-trucks to make up for their lack of anything else in life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts