Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About two years ago, I got my hands on a 1991 240sx. After having it sit in my driveway for two years, im just now starting to put work into it.

Eventully this car will see:

Suspension;
Coilovers
Front and rear sway bar
Front and rear control arms
Good set of tie rods
And a bushing kit

Motor;
Valves
Cams
(mabye pistons if the motor doesnt blow on me)
Turbo(dont really know what to use for a turbo yet)
New radiator
Front mount intercooler

If my engine lets go, im puting a chevy 350 in it.

Basically im just looking to build a fast, fun car for my self, not necessarily a drifter.

On here ill post pictures of my whole build.

There it is, finally in my garage!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did some more work today, nothing fun yet haha

cut out and welded a new section into whatever you call that area lol

actually pretty clean for 195xxx miles.

really need to power wash under here, and i'm not 100% sure on where all the bolts are for the A/C pump, so i gotta pull some more stuff out of the engine bay so i can find where they are.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
there are 4 bolts that hold the ac compressor on, they all go horizontal into the block in a square. easy as fuck to remove. you can remove that idler/ tensioner too. just cut the fuckin belt you don't need it

it should like you less then 20 minutes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stayed out in the garage all day again today. Took out the A/C,
Adjusted the stock seats and put more foam in them so that theres better support and more comfortable,
Removed the antenna motor, and welded a piece of metal in to seal the hole where the antenna went through, just needs put some bondo over is because of my poopy welds haha.
Oh and i removed the rear seat belts because theres absolutely no fucking way i'm having more than one other person in my car, i'm no taxi lol.

Heres all the pictures.

Even all roughed up, its so sexy.....(body work in progress)

A/C pump is out :) that was easy

Sooooo much oily grime:-/ its getting cleaned soon

Bending the side supports in, taking the springs out in the back, and adding more foam to the side support, made a hugeeeee difference in comfort.

Antenna hole sealed up. (i'm practicing lol)

Again

Bunch of weight, thats all it is,... Was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well eventully, coilovers, little other suspension work here and there, new valves, cams, turbo, etc.

right now im going to a tech college for automotive, and i dont have a job currently, so i dont have the money to spent on parts yet. im just gunna keep doing things that dont cost alot until spring time comes and i start getting money in my bank account.

·
Registered
473 Posts
well eventully, coilovers, little other suspension work here and there, new valves, cams, turbo, etc.

right now im going to a tech college for automotive, and i dont have a job currently, so i dont have the money to spent on parts yet. im just gunna keep doing things that dont cost alot until spring time comes and i start getting money in my bank account.

kat?

and update the first post with what all you want done,then when you go along and get those parts put done.it helps us readers,and im in the same boat as you,i go to college for auto tech,dont have a job,but i sell random s13 parts.but gl

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kat?

and update the first post with what all you want done,then when you go along and get those parts put done.it helps us readers,and im in the same boat as you,i go to college for auto tech,dont have a job,but i sell random s13 parts.but gl

Right now theres no turbo, not yet lol. hopefully by next winter, i gotta do a tranny swap first, im doing that in april, then suspension and body work. then im going to concentrate on the motor.

oh and thanks everyone for checking this out and not just calling me a noob. YES this IS my FIRST 240sx, but ive worked on plenty of cars before. theres a 66 el camino with a 454 under the hood in my garage too, 425 hp to the wheels. im not a noob.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
had no classes today cuz of the snow, but i didnt really manage to get anything done.

Dyed my horribly stained carpet.

And replaced my front sway bar end link bushings, the other ones were flat as a pancake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IVE REALIZED THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION:fonix::gaah: IF SOMEONE WITH THE CAPABILITY TO MOVE IT TO THE CORRECT SECTION SEES THIS, PLEASE MOVE IT FOR ME. thankyou

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.