Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on a parts list for everything that I want to put into my rb25det that i will be getting so here it is:

mckinney mountkit w/ driveshaft
mckinney downpipe
mckinney fmic
oem gasket kit
oem timing component kit
oem water pump
oem oil pump w/ strainer
hks timing belt
hks adjustable cam gears
flexalite dual 12" fans pull type im guessing since i heard u have to mount them in front of rad?
koyo radiator
walbro fuel pump
nismo fpr
apexi power intake
greddy intake manifold w/ tb adapter OR Isis intake manifold.. not sure which one???
hks ss bov w/ flange
apexi power fc w/ datalogit OR aem ems
isis short shifter
test pipe
hks hi-power exhaust
turbo manifold.. donno which one
turbo timer
electronic boost controller

thats what i plan on upgrading for now... any suggestions would be very helpful or if i missed something please point it out...
a couple questions though..
1) should i upgrade injectors for these modifications??
2) will the isis intake manifold be able to use the greddy throttle body adapter to use stock tb?? and will it bolt up to the intercooler ill be using just as it would if i had the greddy intake manifold??
3) test pipe doesnt have to be for the rb25det does it?? as long as its 3" it should be good right??
4) do i order the cat back exhaust for the rb25 or for the s14 240sx???
5) if i were to upgrade any internals wat should i upgrade??

·
Registered
466 Posts
1. eventually you are going to want to. you can get more hp out of the stock turbo if u do

2. yes, the isis is a greddy replica/style. i have this one, and its half the cost of the real greddy unit. honestly i dont think you would know the difference

3. just make the test pipe match your car. 3" is good. when i re-do mine i will be going 3.5" all the way through most likely

4. s14

5. depends on your power goals. stock block/head rbs can see over 400whp. i dont see the point in the adjustable cam gears. get a set of cams with it.

i dont think you need a turbo manifold right off the bat, especially with stock turbo. i like the stock manifold a lot and a lot of people even just end up modding their stock manifold to match their turbo setup. personally id concentrate on getting the swap in and running in close to stock form, then start modding. you never know what you might run into and it would suck to find out u need something, and you tied up ur money buying stuff you dont really need to complete the swap (ebc, tt, shifter) you can also save some money going with an OEM timing belt. also fans need to be pushers if u mount them in front which you will most likely need to do, rb swaps dont leave much room. just make sure you get a fan controller of some type

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yea, I can definitely vouch for swapping it and getting it running before you start adding injectors and turbos and all that. I put mine in and since this was my first swap didn't think about checking the tolerances on the crankshaft and now at idle when the oil is warm my oil pressure is 4 psi lol. So yea swap it in and make sure your motor is good first.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks, good luck with yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts