Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im matt I own a 1990 s13 with a ka24de.....Now my problem is my car wont start I thought it was ignition timing so I re did it tdc like 3 times still no start but she cranks and cranks hard and I have spark and plenty of fuel alot of fuel so I decided to unplug my injectors all 4 of them to see if it would start and burn off the fuel in the engine and that worked with all 4 injectors unplugged she will start for a second and die then try to start but act like she is out of gas so then I plugged in just one injector and all the motor does is crank and crank she wont even try to fire.....So the problem is with my injectors plugged in she only cranks and cranks as soon as I unplug all 4 injectors she starts but has no fuel to keep going...Any ideas???:12dunno

She has new plugs and wires a new fuel pump and fuel filter and new distributor...Timing is good...BUT I DID a compression test today and got 90psi on all 4 cylinders so is that ok or is that my motor is crap bad???

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
any chance your distributor is 180 degrees out?

The compression is lower than normal, but if the engine is cold, and you didn't do the test correctly (hold the throttle plate wide open), that wouldn't surprise me...

if they are 90 all the way across, you are OK in that area...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the distributor to see if it was 180 degrees off I dont think so...Could it be injectors,Wiring,ecu,..anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Today I was going over some things on the motor and I decided to check my ingnition timing once agian so I set the engine to TDC and the took off my distributor cap and ofcourse my rotor was facing the fire wall pointing at cylinder 4 pretty much so I am guessing my ignition timing is 180 degrees off?

And I pulled out all my plugs and cylinder 1 is the only plug thats firing all the rest still look brand new just smell like gas and when I pulled the plugs to check for spark all 4 of them had strong spark but there not firing????

Now I have done the ignition timing 3 times and I have heard it takes awhile to get it right is that true or am I missing something on how to do it...I have pretty good mechanic skills so I know I can get it done....And would the ignition timing cause my car to only crank wit injectors plugged in then try to stat with them unplugged

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the ka running yesterday...Ignition timing and wrong firing order...So i got it started and she sounded ok reved up fine but had a little bit of engine noise...I took it out for a test drive and she was lacking alot of power I couldnt even break the tires loose in first gear...so my friend was backing it into the shop and we have a little slanted curb to drive up and he couldnt get it to go over the curb so he floored it as im standing behind it and then there was a big cloud of white smoke out the exhaust and coolant leaking form everywhere but the the radiator and she just shut off now She will start for a sec then instatly die...What you think he blew..Head gasket maybe...The temp guage didnt work I found out but she was only on for about 10 maybe 15 minutes..she blew up very quickly thouigh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts