Nissan 240SX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damn dont leave us hanging without any pics. I wanna see this already! How was doin business with racinghard.com? I've heard lots of negative things about them. I saw ur other post where you said you paid 1800 for the RB25. Does that come with everything you need? Did you get the tach and speedo to work properly? If any of this has been answered already sorry I just skimmed through didnt read everything.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There are the pictures finally, sorry it took so much time to get them up. I have been really busy doing the swap. Today we all took a day off and got some rest. We will start again tomorrow and I will get some more details and pictures of the swap.

Lata,
Zach

·
Registered
241 Posts
I cant believe how clean you got that motor. Im glad there are still people out there that take the time to clean things first. Dirt doesnt belong in an engine bay. Good job, looks sweet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
yup. The motor looks like it's in good condition. And nice job cleaning it, it look so purdy, especially against the flat black of your car. Looks like a big ass plastic model, the kind you buy in a hobby store, before you paint it and put it together. :)

Looks like maybe the tranny mount isn't lining up?

Let us know how the swap goes, issues, etc. What route are you going with the mounts and driveshaft?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
VisualizeMotors said:
Zach, are you keeping the USDM front on the car? That motor sure looks pretty after got done sand blasting it.

I am actually thinking about doing a S13 Silvia front end (Sil-eighty) hopefully by the middle of next summer.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Wuss said:
yup. The motor looks like it's in good condition. And nice job cleaning it, it look so purdy, especially against the flat black of your car. Looks like a big ass plastic model, the kind you buy in a hobby store, before you paint it and put it together. :)

Looks like maybe the tranny mount isn't lining up?

Let us know how the swap goes, issues, etc. What route are you going with the mounts and driveshaft?
No actually that wasn't that much of an issue at all. The motor mount spacers and tranny mount spacers were fairly easy. The tranny mounts didn't line up to the original 240sx holes, so we made some adapter plate spacers that allowed us to have three bolts on each side like your suppose to. I also am taking the two driveshaft ( 300zx TT and the original 240sx one) in today to have a one piece driveshaft made.

***Thanks for everyone's comments. I will keep you all updated!***

We are going to start working on my car today and hopefully get the SMI in and also start the wiring.

·
Premium Member
18,945 Posts
Damn! Glad to hear everything is going smooth with it. Good luck my man. I know you'll love the results. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
wow zach looks great man cant wait till mine gets here from visualize. just waiting on money to clear the bank so the clip can be shipped. how do u plan on doing the wireing, powering both harnesses or having a spliced one done? or which would u recomend?

·
Registered
54 Posts
lucky you . being the first guy to puchase this- the last few would suffer a lot of problems oversea
buy only from USA..

i agreee

osakajdmmotors.com
venus auto
heavy throttle
many more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey DET, I don't check these boards often, so I just recently found this thread. It looks like you have a good portion of your swap already done, but if you need an extra set of hands, give me a call 578-3785.
I met Tony a few months back when I was up at HP getting my bov flange welded to my hotpipe and he told me about the two rb25 swaps you guys were going to be doing (I'm assuming he was talking about you). I've never done any work with RBs but I swapped my SR successfully from start to finish on my own (along with the usual goodies: intake, exhaust, fmic, radiator, fans, etc) so I do have a little knowledge. :)

Josh

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
tradigen2 said:
lucky you . being the first guy to puchase this- the last few would suffer a lot of problems oversea
buy only from USA..

i agreee

osakajdmmotors.com
venus auto
heavy throttle
many more
dude enough of this.
this thread is about zack's motor install not a damn warning.
ppl will buy motors from where ever they please.
drop the subject already.
oh yeah i want your engine now. :crazyrant

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Quick240 said:
Hey DET, I don't check these boards often, so I just recently found this thread. It looks like you have a good portion of your swap already done, but if you need an extra set of hands, give me a call 578-3785.
I met Tony a few months back when I was up at HP getting my bov flange welded to my hotpipe and he told me about the two rb25 swaps you guys were going to be doing (I'm assuming he was talking about you). I've never done any work with RBs but I swapped my SR successfully from start to finish on my own (along with the usual goodies: intake, exhaust, fmic, radiator, fans, etc) so I do have a little knowledge. :)

Josh
Yeah that would be me that he was talking about. It wouldn't hurt to get some more help, so if you want you are more than welcome to.........or if you just want to come down and check it out.

21 - 40 of 231 Posts