Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i went to the collision shop, and was NOT impressed with his estimate (turns out, after i took off about 3k worth of stuff i told him he didn't need, he forgot to factor in the airbags, raising the estimate to NO lower than 7,000.) so i called my friend (who is licensed for evaluating collisions) and am having my car moved to his shop for a "modified" (aka illegal) evaluation that's gonna be around 3500 bucks, so the insurance will pay that much, and i pay the rest out of pocket. i did take some pictuers of the car while i was there, and as i approached the car i *thought* was mine, i got scared shitless. MY MOTOR WAS GONE!!!! i started freaking out until i went around the sides and saw it was a goddamn kia, lol. that shit looks exactly like my car from the front. here's what it looked like. i didn't look at the fusebox or anything, i was just apeshit lol.

then i noticed my car's exhaust and rear end over in the corner of my eye, and went over there. here's pics of the wreck. the missing interior door panel iis in my garage, i needed a new window crank (and STILL DO, PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE FOR DRIVERS SIDE) so that's why it's gone. the intercooler is messed up to the point where i don't trust it, so say hello to FMIC. the rest you can figure out from the pics... it's gonna be a pain in the ass, but i gotta throw a major thanks out to my buddy tyrel for doing this for me for free, i owe him at LEAST 4-5 sexual favors :greddy: . this is gonna cost me some monies, too. if you have any parts you see messed up in the pics (i don't care about color of body panels, if you have a green or blue fender or hood, let me know, i'm painting the car) EMAIL ME @ [email protected]

now for pics of the car after accident (the hood is straighter now, we pulled it out a bit, it was squished back so it looked like a retarded kid with a massive underbite and a huge forehead origionally.)
how it was before the crash :(

and after... don't worry guys, she will come back BIGGER, BETTER, AND STRONGER!!!!!!!!:26wtf

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a woman stopped in the left lane of traffic for no reason at all, and the lady behind her stopped with mere inches to spare, and i had plenty of space, but my brake lines fucked up and the fronts didn't grab at all, and the rears clamped locked right away so i couldn't steer into the other lane.

and quit bitching about how dirty it is. ffs. i'm not going to go wash my car while it's at the collision center.

·
240-kid
47,146 Posts
OK cause yeah that would be wrong to blame the driver and not the mechanic :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they were installed improperly, and popped out when i put pressure on the brakes... i'm upgrading my rotors to cross drilled & slotted and putting in stainless brake lines

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's the crack shwag, you need to stop smoking that stuff, it's not good for you!

i noticed it in the pics too, it's just wonky camera angles. the motor didn't get touched by anything but the fan shroud (which broke when it hit the motor, so the engine didn't shift) and if i had not been in a hurry and held the camera level with the ground, you'd see how the engine was still level. it just looks pushed because i had the camera tilted a bit.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*update on status*
i paid the origional towing charge and signed the release forum, and ethier today or tommorrow, my friend's gonna go pick it up and take it down to his shop. then the "evaluation" begins.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i don't have the time to part it out, and a new shell in good shape is hard as fark to find. besides, frame's good and it has an SR in it. also, i already swore to not let this car get scrapped, i don't like seeing 240s go to waste if they can be repaired.

this is the thread for reconstruction. i'm updating as i go lol. it is mostly all aesthetics, but they're all expensive o_O

1 - 20 of 282 Posts