Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i went to the collision shop, and was NOT impressed with his estimate (turns out, after i took off about 3k worth of stuff i told him he didn't need, he forgot to factor in the airbags, raising the estimate to NO lower than 7,000.) so i called my friend (who is licensed for evaluating collisions) and am having my car moved to his shop for a "modified" (aka illegal) evaluation that's gonna be around 3500 bucks, so the insurance will pay that much, and i pay the rest out of pocket. i did take some pictuers of the car while i was there, and as i approached the car i *thought* was mine, i got scared shitless. MY MOTOR WAS GONE!!!! i started freaking out until i went around the sides and saw it was a goddamn kia, lol. that shit looks exactly like my car from the front. here's what it looked like. i didn't look at the fusebox or anything, i was just apeshit lol.

then i noticed my car's exhaust and rear end over in the corner of my eye, and went over there. here's pics of the wreck. the missing interior door panel iis in my garage, i needed a new window crank (and STILL DO, PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE FOR DRIVERS SIDE) so that's why it's gone. the intercooler is messed up to the point where i don't trust it, so say hello to FMIC. the rest you can figure out from the pics... it's gonna be a pain in the ass, but i gotta throw a major thanks out to my buddy tyrel for doing this for me for free, i owe him at LEAST 4-5 sexual favors :greddy: . this is gonna cost me some monies, too. if you have any parts you see messed up in the pics (i don't care about color of body panels, if you have a green or blue fender or hood, let me know, i'm painting the car) EMAIL ME @ [email protected]

now for pics of the car after accident (the hood is straighter now, we pulled it out a bit, it was squished back so it looked like a retarded kid with a massive underbite and a huge forehead origionally.)
how it was before the crash :(

and after... don't worry guys, she will come back BIGGER, BETTER, AND STRONGER!!!!!!!!:26wtf

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a woman stopped in the left lane of traffic for no reason at all, and the lady behind her stopped with mere inches to spare, and i had plenty of space, but my brake lines fucked up and the fronts didn't grab at all, and the rears clamped locked right away so i couldn't steer into the other lane.

and quit bitching about how dirty it is. ffs. i'm not going to go wash my car while it's at the collision center.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they were installed improperly, and popped out when i put pressure on the brakes... i'm upgrading my rotors to cross drilled & slotted and putting in stainless brake lines

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's the crack shwag, you need to stop smoking that stuff, it's not good for you!

i noticed it in the pics too, it's just wonky camera angles. the motor didn't get touched by anything but the fan shroud (which broke when it hit the motor, so the engine didn't shift) and if i had not been in a hurry and held the camera level with the ground, you'd see how the engine was still level. it just looks pushed because i had the camera tilted a bit.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
*update on status*
i paid the origional towing charge and signed the release forum, and ethier today or tommorrow, my friend's gonna go pick it up and take it down to his shop. then the "evaluation" begins.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
i don't have the time to part it out, and a new shell in good shape is hard as fark to find. besides, frame's good and it has an SR in it. also, i already swore to not let this car get scrapped, i don't like seeing 240s go to waste if they can be repaired.

this is the thread for reconstruction. i'm updating as i go lol. it is mostly all aesthetics, but they're all expensive o_O

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
*another update for today*

my friend's source hunted down a 98 front clip /w all body panels, core support, etc. for 1200 bucks. schwing. we're in business already, and it's not even been one day. i still need to get the dash, quick release wheel, koyo radiator + fans, fmic, and countless other tiny little things, but this is shaping up to be a LOT less than the 7 grand for OEM parts (not including labor) we can pull parts of the unibody too, if we really need them.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
frame rails are still perfect ^_^. we already found our s14 body/core support donor too :-D. good to know other people do this, too.

i'm starting to piece together all the extra parts i'm gonna need, like getting the paint, radiator, fans, etc.

i'll go over to tyrel's shop sometime soon and get some pics of it's status.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
*UPDATE*
Tyrel gave me a call, and said that insurance called him, and decided my car was saveable, and is sending the money now.

as soon as we get the blazer back together and out of his garage, the 240 goes in and is getting prepped (i'm gonna bring him a camera so he can keep a photo record of everything that's being done.)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
it's a 2.5' Blitz NUR spec exhaust. i wish it were larger in diameter, but it is what it is. i'll upgrade my whole exhaust sytem to a 3 inch later, but for now, i like my 800 dollar catback :) growls at idle, and utterly roars when revved. i may just remove the can from the piping and make my own, like i did my s13, and then weld it back onto a 3 inch pipe, but i'll probably just sell the blitz and go to a cheaper, bigger system, when i'm ready to ditch my cat, stock downpipe, and stock turbo elbow.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
hey, i didn't pay for it ;-) what do i care

*UPDATE*
ok, here's my current setup sofar. i bought all this stuff right now

*deletion of vacuum canister*
-S13/S14/S15 SR20DET Spark Plug Cover - 74.95
-RENOVA Carbon Fibre Cooling Panel - 129
-NISMO Colder Thermostat - 69
-Westco Battery - 89.95
-Flex-A-LIte 220 Electric Fan - 245
-KOYO S13/S14 (i ordered the s14 for my zenki/kouki, is this right?) SR20DET Copper Radiator - 149.95
-SARD 1.3 Bar Radiator Cap (Type-S) - 30
-Fidanza Short Throw Shifter - 77 (shipped)
-4 point racing harness (2x) - $47.98 (shipped)
-ebay Front and rear strut tower bars - 70 (shipped)
-Turbo Manifold (cheapie upgrade until i can go full race) - 130 (shipped)
-Nismo steering wheel, adapter hub, and quick release hub - 80 (shipped)
-carbon fiber Dash trim kit - 130 (i really need this to replace some nasty panels) (shipped)
-Real carbon fiber shift boot - 20 (shipped)
-CAS - 199.99
-S13 SR20DET Hybrid Intercooler Kit - GT SPEC - 550 (free shipping)
-Engine damper kit - 65

sofar all i need (that i know of) is a new dashboard and driver's side power window motor. PM me if you have ethier!!!!

and bann3d: i hope zoukui (zenki-koukis) are prone to not ever ever ever ever ever get into accidents.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
my new seatbelts and strut bars came in today. tommorrow i'll try putting all of the stuff (minus the front tower bar, that'll go in near the end) in, and take some pics.

edit* question, the power steering belt slipped and needs to be replaced... any parts that match it that i can get from autozone or somewhere?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Prelude Guy said:
Just curious, so your brakes NEVER showed any signs of not working properly? They just all of the sudden stopped working?

Just so you know, you are not "upgrading" your brake setup. You are actually making your stopping power lower. I never understood why people continue to believe that crossed drilled/slotted rotors are an "upgrade" for cars that will never see any track time. :dunno

Oh well. Good luck getting the car rebuilt. I am sure you can't wait. :)

my car was origionally being built for track... and you have no idea what my plans are :p it's going to be a road racer/autocrosser when i'm done with it... they are upgrades in that they reduce brake fade on the track and (like what happened, we did find why my brakes went all zonky that day) the rubber lines won't get cold and brittle and break (they were cracked all to hell apparantly. it had just never gotten cold enough to make the brake lines brittle enough to do that.) the lines had never been acting funny, though i did notice a little bit of a leak under the car, but i thought it was from a bit of power steering fluid leakage. i guess it wasn't.

that was quite a judgemental statement, saying that my car will never see track time ;-)

you can't believe how boring it is driving my mom's rx-7... it's a fun car, sure, but no power steering, stereo, or more importantly, BOOST, is getting on my nerves.
i was wrong when i said they popped out. they broke nearly in half at the tip where the rubber meets the little metal adapter part, which is why i thought they popped out. i'll take pics if i remember.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.