Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to trim part that goes around the shifting area, that is below the console bezel trim thing. Anyone know the official name for it? so i can search it on ebay or something.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i'm in need of that part too, and the part arigjht above it that goes around the stereo and such. i need both those parts for my s14 and my s13 >_>

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
good luck guys. Took me a while to find one for my auto-5 conversion. Ended up only costing 15 bucks but damnation it took a dogs age to find. Could just $$ up and get one from the dealer but that would be rape. Also they sell the trim/shift boot combo on Ebay for around 60 I think.//he's referring to the trim around the shift boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHIF...ewItemQQcategoryZ33703QQitemZ8033618978QQrdZ1

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
well if you ask me 43 bucks for a 8 inch x 4 inch piece or friggin square plastic is about like giving up a set of kidneys.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Why? because I work hard for my money and have a good sense of value?

put to you this way bro if your impatient, and dont care to spend 4 x's the amount for one head to the dealer. However if your patient and keep your eyes open you can get one for a little more than the cost of a super sized big mac meal, your car will run fine without one :thumbsup

Shop smart, thats all Im saying and you'll have more to show for your money.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
RbKouki said:

put to you this way bro if your impatient, and dont care to spend 4 x's the amount for one head to the dealer. However if your patient and keep your eyes open you can get one for a little more than the cost of a super sized big mac meal, your car will run fine without one :thumbsup

go rbkouki. im broke and i love my hobby.

btw splat the trim arond the radio is called the radio bezel. dunno if u already found that out.

and yes i did call u splat

·
Registered
149 Posts
RbKouki said:

I agree for the most part, as I have connections and make deals myself on everything I buy, however in this case it's slightly different. Because of the demand for a good condition bezel, I've been able to sell used ones for up to$70 easily without breaking a sweat. People (ignorant or uninformed ones) are willing to pay that much for it, so I take advantage of it. This is based on their assumption that all dealer parts are extremely expensive and impossible to obtain, however it's not the case all the time. *If* someone is willing to pay double for the part used, with a broken tab or torn boot, why isn't it ok to pay half for a brand new one? Yes, it's possibly overpriced, but no more than anything else is.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
SyDeWaYz said:
go rbkouki. im broke and i love my hobby.

btw splat the trim arond the radio is called the radio bezel. dunno if u already found that out.

and yes i did call u splat
i know it's called the bezel, i just can't find the damn trim piece, lol.

i don't care if you call me splat. it's my online nickname :)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I cant get an accurate part number on that plastic S14 trim part with the boot, damn.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts