Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so earlier today i totaled my 2000 infiniti g20..... no big deal though because i wanted to get rid of it and get a 240 soon anyway. im fine and everything, just my rear driver side rim is doneeeeeee, rear axle is cracked, along with my subframe. guess thats what happens when you drive like a dumbass and dont see a curb thats sticking out infront of you. anyways, the g20 comes with an sr20de in it, so do you guys think its worth it to just buy an s13 or s14 shell and a tranny and drop it in there, or do you think i should just buy a whole 240. plan on parting out my infiniti to get some money for the shell. 110k on the sr20, but i figure i can get enough life out of it until i have enough money to get an rb or a new sr. no point putting a turbo on an engine with that many miles so im not even gunna bother. let me know what you guys think and thanks for reading.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
102 Posts
Plus, swapping in a DE just isn't worth it, IMO. Same HP as the KA, but less torque.
actually the KA is better all around, solid stock block that can hold up to around 350-500whp with stock internals pluss...

KA24DE
Max power: 155 hp (116 kW) @ 5400 rpm
Max torque: 160 ft·lb (217 Nm) @ 4400 rpm

SR20DE
Maximum power: 140 hp-169 hp at 6400 rpm (SAE net)
Maximum torque: 132 lb·ft at 4800 rpm (SAE net)

ive been wanting to do a swap for a long time to an sr but really i think im just going to build my KA IMO

·
Administrator
5,186 Posts
^^^Actually, RWD SRs have 160hp, but have less torque than the KA. However, the SR is better revving than the KA on the topend. S15 SR20DEs have 170hp and the Autech S15 SR20DE produces 200hp. The discussion is about RWD cars, is it not? ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
^^^Actually, RWD SRs have 160hp, but have less torque than the KA. However, the SR is better revving than the KA on the topend. S15 SR20DEs have 170hp and the Autech S15 SR20DE produces 200hp. The discussion is about RWD cars, is it not? ;)
+1 but it says 140-169hp for sr but i didnt know it varied so much from fwd to rwd. and those numbers was from sentras and 180's so it wasnt a built autune motor

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah well wiki or your "time in japan" either way those are numbers for a STOCK sr in the 180's and sentras in america, japan doesnt "domesticize" there motors like us how we have speed limits everywhere and guidlines to stand by. boom

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
Most Stock Block KA's go after passing the 350whp mark. Stock block record is well into the 550+ range, but how long is it gonna last and how long you think he can beat on it. Not very.

Stock SR Blocks will take 400whp before they start to let go on daily beating.

So Japan doesn't have speed limits?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Hey nis I wouldn't get into to big of a pissing match with Rik he knows his shit and will spin circles around you.
Seriously....between this and reviving a 7 year old thread you should

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah good one, 7 yr old or a min old if i got a question about it whats the big deal you gotta problem with that and im not dissin on dood for knowin his stuff im just sayin that it dont matter what "site" the numbers came from those are the numbers for it. deal with it

·
Administrator
5,186 Posts
yeah well wiki or your "time in japan" either way those are numbers for a STOCK sr in the 180's and sentras in america, japan doesnt "domesticize" there motors like us how we have speed limits everywhere and guidlines to stand by. boom
I wasn't trying to start a pissing match with you, and I do apologize if I came off as a dick. I also do understand that Wiki just generalizes it, and that's about all I have left to say about it. However, Wiki isn't the "know-all", personal experience and what I've seen in person is a huge factor in this. I'm just saying that I've seen an immense amount of 180s/Silvias for sale when was in Okinawa, and they were advertised at their PS equivalent to 160hp (162ps).

So Japan doesn't have speed limits?
Nope, it's always crazy aero, insane HP, and midnight wangan runs all the time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
its cool man im here to learn not fight about whos right or whos wrong, i just dont like people jumping my ass when that is what i got for it, or if i have a question on another thread then whats the big deal with that i thought thats what this site was for not to get your comment thrown back at you and then the thread closed on you, even though it may not be nissans exact numbers or w.e.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.