Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

New here as I am trying to find a local mechanic in Atlanta, GA that can troubleshoot a 1996 with an RB engine.

Car is mis-firing and looses RPM, the alternator belt won't stop squealing and being chewed up after replacement. Cannot figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Phoenyx

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

New here as I am trying to find a local mechanic in Atlanta, GA that can troubleshoot a 1996 with an RB engine.

Car is mis-firing and looses RPM, the alternator belt won't stop squealing and being chewed up after replacement. Cannot figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Phoenyx
I had the same problem - trying to find a mechanic for my 1990 240 SX SE.
Lucky to find out about https://gwinnettperformance.com/. Talk to Vince Curry. 678-361-1442.

·
Super Moderator
1,980 Posts
I would try to get your hands on the factory service manual for whatever Rb engine you have. It would be free to download, and free for you to read and try to diagnose. My advice is to check all electrical connections. If you have a multimeter and know how to use it, then you will be able to verify proper functioning electrical parts. It would be way cheaper, but do what you are comfortable doing.

Also let us know what they diagnose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts