Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I'm getting my car painted this week or next. I am trying to paint the car a SUPER CLEAN BLACK, with some gold pearl or metalic in it.

I have been looking for weeks for the right color, and only found ONE color that is close. It is off the 05 or 06 pontiac gto. It is VERY close to what i want, but not quite enough gold in it. My question is, can i just make my own color, and how will it look?

I would just use a gloss black, and add gold metalic or pearl. My other question is, should i use it IN the paint, or put a little in the clear coat? or do both?

Also, what is the advantage of multiple clear coats? thanks a lot guys!!

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
i believe most pearl paints are multi stage jobs, metallic paint usually has the flecks of mettalic in the paint.

·
Registered
367 Posts
multiple clear coats basically make the paint look deeper. The best example i can think of to illustrate this would be to watch the Barret Jackson car auctions. If you've ever seen the paint on some of those cars that just looks a mile deep, that effect is facilitated by having lots of clear coat on the paint. Pearls and metallics also help this "deep" effect, but the effect isn't as substantial with blacks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i agree with fidelity, BMW balck is so clean and glossy.......but its not metalic, even though u may be able to add some in....im not sure

·
Registered
50 Posts
i just found the 2 most beautiful blacks I've ever seen today. One is a nissan color, the other is a honda. the nissan is a straight metallic flake black, its code Z-11. The honda color is also amazing, its a pearl type metallic black. The flakes are much smaller in the honda color but when you look at different angles, the black turns blue. the code for that is B-92-P. I highly suggest those colors, my car is getting done in one of those two soon.

edit: both are 2 stage! even better for the wallet, painter, and any future repairs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
BMW Cosmos Black, nothing else compaires and it does have mettalic, allmost a rainbow mettallic in the right light... amasing color

1 - 10 of 10 Posts