Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first 240sx s14, I love it and I can’t wait to drive it. I do paint and body so I’ll be taking car of the looks. My plan is to do a 1jz vvti swap, I don’t have the time or the knowledge to do it myself and I don’t want it to sit in my garage for 3 years (I’ve already waited and saved up cash). I want to see if I can get a list of all the things I need besides motor and trans to get the swap done at a shop by a professional with me providing everything. Really just want to get everything and get it done without having many slow downs.
Really hope to get a response, thank you all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure where you're located, but there are many import performance shops that have experience doing this and tons of bolt on parts for the swap as well (Collins adapters, etc).

Main thing is getting the motor and placed correctly in the chassis, but honestly with swap mounts and off the shelf swap parts...the motor is already running, so it could be done in a few weekends...if it even takes that long.

Main parts (besides motor, trans and ecu w/harness):

-motor mounts and trans mount
-driveshaft
-*possibly shifter mod (depending on trans used)
- cooling (radiator and plumbing and fans)
-powersteering pump plumbing
-clutch (while the trans is out)
-intake and intercooler piping
-exhaust piping
-*possibly misc wiring

*there's something people do with the oil sump and pan too for better oil scavenging/pickup

Obviously general maintenace- new fluids, spark plugs, etc

Any questions, ask away!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts