Nissan 240SX Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am looking at buying tenzo seats. I was just wanting to know if anyone had these seats in their car and if so are they comfortable...basically any info would be appreciated.
here is the website:
http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/seats/index.html

i do have a problem though. i have heard that some seats with brackets and sliders can cause head clearance problems, and bein that im 6'4" i dont want my head hitting the roof of my car. if you know of good seats that wont cost an arm and a leg that will look good and hold me in the seat while sliding around let me know

thanks

·
Old School
4,430 Posts
how much do you weigh?

whats your waist size??

you need to know what seat fits your size before you buy it.

i was in this shop at baltimore and they had 5 different Bride seats and i couldnt fit in any of them....and im 210, and my waist size is 36.

something to think about.

G

·
if you're buying tenzo's you're on a budget... don't buy a pair of crappy seats, buy one good seat. Recaro, Sparco, Momo.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well weigh about 190...and waist is a 34. the reason i am looking at 2 seats is one for me and one for my girl....

are the tenzo's that bad?...i am wanting to stay under 600 for two seats...is that possible or should i go with s14 seats?

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have a tenzo on the drivers side and i had alot of problems with the sliders. it lifts the seat way high and makes it very uncomfortable to drive. i took the sliders off and bolted the seat to the floor.

·
Old School
4,430 Posts
300hp240sx said:
well weigh about 190...and waist is a 34. the reason i am looking at 2 seats is one for me and one for my girl....

are the tenzo's that bad?...i am wanting to stay under 600 for two seats...is that possible or should i go with s14 seats?

for safety , comfort , and fit, id save and get a Sparco.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Is your girl going to go out racing/drifting/whatever you do in your car? If she isn't going to be in the car when you are going to really need buckets I would say just buy one nice bucket and let her deal with the stock seat for the time being!

G

·
300hp240sx said:
well weigh about 190...and waist is a 34. the reason i am looking at 2 seats is one for me and one for my girl....[/COLOR]
oh, my bad, i wasn't aware your car had two steering wheels. your passenger doesn't need a racing seat. you do. but both of you need crash-tested SAFE seats. and 600 bucks for a pair is NOT going to get you what you need. from the sounds of it though, you're just doing this for looks. so have fun dying.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm 6'3 about 180 and I fit perfectly in the JIC reclinable seats. Very comfortable IMO.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah my stock seats are stained and have a few tears in them...i dont really drift, i will do an occasional donut, mainly drag, so i dont need high performance. i want the nasty stock crappy seats out and want something to look good and be comfotable, w/o too much money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.