Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need help deciding on what route to go for a 240.

In Arizona there aren't very many 240's for sale and I am in love with the 95-98 coupes. But here is where the problem comes in...

Its either a 240sx 95-98 but its automatic, is it worth it to buy it and do a 5 speed swap?
Or a earlier 89-94 240 that is manual and just do a front end conversion to a s15 or 14.

Advice?

There are 2 perfect 240's for sale but neither of the sellers will respond to my phone calls, texts, or emails. :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 5 speed swap is easy if your bank account is nice.. Look at spending 500-800 bucks on the swap to do it RIGHT. I did it in about a weekend on a 90 coupe with the motor still in the car, and it was my first 5 speed swap. It's a pita to get to some of the bolts, but well worth it. If your not good with wiring i would suggest paying a shop or a friend some money to do it right for your. You can run ito nightmares with the wiring. Everything else is almost self explanitory. There are alot of things to consider when doing this, so jsut research it on google and some other forums and decide for yourself. In my eyes, do it... It may take you a while but if you have the space and time, you'll get it done eventually.

Advice on the s13 (89-93/94)

You will never like the s14 (95-98) front end on the s13... It looks horrible! Stick to either or, plus if you do it... you wont have many friends... Haha. It will bolt up and everything... but look like crap. if you love the s14 look, stick to the s14 chassis. Now these are all my personal opinions of course, and to each is their own but theres my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts