Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is the deal... i did a brake swap (oem) with pads... my front brakes stuck after that... like they are not disengaging all the way... so i thought that my piston was seized so i get a new caliper but it still does it... any ideas, master cylinder maybe?

please excuse my horrible spelling.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
k i just checked the rear and it is rubbing to so is that my master cylinder then?

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
if your calipers aren't backing off and your brackets aren't siezed, it may be the master cylinder. keep in mind there is always contact between pad and rotor, even when the brakes are not being engaged. if it's like the brakes are always on however, there's something wrong.

I'm assuming your compressed the front calipers and threaded the rears back in before your swapped pads...

if it's slight rubbing, don't worry about it. replacing the mc should be the last thing to check.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are rubbing so much that when i jack up a wheel i can barely move it by hand

·
Registered
273 Posts
u need to make sure that u take the pads out and compress the pistons almost all the way with a c-clamp or something then put the pads back in. they will probally still rub a little bit but it wont be as bad. just get out there and do a bunch of hard braking and it will take care of the rubbing problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts