Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this is my first 240 b4 i own a 98 integra and it was alway bout how fast i can run in a quarter mile. now i wanna try out something new, Drifting! i was alway into intial d and TFTF tokyo drift was an alright movie so i deceided to try it out. Now its bone stock so whats the first thing i should get? i know good suspensions and tires but what kind? what will work good on the 240 i'm willing to spend about 1g on the suspension that's it i don't need no 3 thousand dollar suspension kit yeah i know it'll be better but i just need something that will handle drifting alright. how much whp do i need and all them good stuff, basics first.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Megans are alright. ur gonna need a LSD also, or u can weld the one u got. U can drift with stock hp, just stay away from curbs

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Street drifting loses hard. And there is so much information on this site that you are looking for. Just start reading up on suspension and the KA section, it's perfect.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
First. if you have viscus in your car, sell it. get a open diff and get it welded. welded diff wins over all. believe in a welded diff. live by it.

NOW....

Suspension.
1. Coilovers.
-there are many many options out there. such as, Megan, Stance, KTS, Apexi, Greedy..and such. I'm personally using Megan tracks and Stance GR+ on my 240's.
2. Front adjustable Tension rod. TechnoToyTuning, circuit sports, Megans, or SPL[<-baller]
3. Energy suspension bushing replacements. full kit. at least steering rack bushings.
4. RUCA[Rear Upper Camber Arm]. I'm using Project Nissan and Circuit sports RUCA, and they have been fine after many years.
5. after those...you'll eventually find out what you'll need to upgrade via research. Front power brace, toe arms, traction rods, tie rods, LCA's, subframe bushings, sway bars, strut bars, fender brace...and so on.

Wheels.
Baller wheels = Baller car
rock 17's in front's at least. tire size should be 215~225/40~45/17's on a 17x8.5~9.5 in front.
Rears...16" wheels are cheap, but price of 16" tires are GOING UP! but while 17's wheels costs about the same on the 16's, 17" tires are getting cheaper by the day. and of course 17's look better then 16's. of course. being slammed on 17's is cooler then 15's or 16's. at all times.

Paint job, body kit and so on...upgrade brakes. Z32's[300ZX brakes] or brembo setup from Sti/Evo's.

your wheels should cost more then your whole car. at must.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Get your diff welded, a nice clutch and get to it. It's also a good Idea to have a little cash saved back for broken parts (not for IF you break anything, WHEN you break something.)
Start with the car mostly stock and replace parts when your skill improves. Someone just starting out doesn't need a full set of coil overs, twin plate clutches and 500hp. That will come in time.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Don't weld your diff.. get a clutch type LSD.. if welded diff is the best, then why is 0% of the pro drifters in the world using a welded diff?? None of them. Rule #1 to drifting is "Don't listen to kids on the internet" The best thing you can do to learn how to drift is "Seat Time". Try to find a local drift event in your area to get "Real" info from actual drivers you see. strong rims and suspension is a good idea because bent rims and broken suspension parts are common. Heating problems sometimes come into play also depending on where you live because the stock cooling system wasn't designed to be sideways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts