Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just priced both engines with tranny. rb26 is going to cost me roughly 4200 shipped. the rb25 is coming in at roughly 3060 with the install kit from sr20store.com. Ok so here is my question. sr20store wont sell me the rb26 install kit unless they do it (+400.00), but they are in CA im in PA....not happening. So I need to know where to get the kit I need for a rb26 swap (including driveshaft) and secondly whats the installation cost of each. I understand it probably various but Im just looking for a rough estimate Im not going to hold you to it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
RB25 I would say about 6000. RB26 from what I've seen and heard I would estimate 8000+. These are numbers I would have in mind for a budget. You might spend more or some less but I wouldn't expect to spend much less than that for a good swap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
im wondering how you got about getting the 26 with a 25 tranny do you have to buy the 26 with the tranny can you buy it as an engine alone, or can you buy a 26 with the 25 tranny already attached. im looking to do the same thing on my new coupe project.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
There's a lot of options depending on the site you get the motor from. Some you buy the motor alone, tranny separate, some you can by a 26 with a 25 tranny and some will have 26 with 26 tranny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts