Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and me are putting some more upgrades on our 95 240sx turbo project and would like some info.
We are going to install a oil cooler with the filter relocator kit ,I want to run the oil line from the cool side of the oil cooler right into the turbo ( cooler oil must be better for the turbo) junior says dont mess with what isnt broke (he is 15 going on 16) The other thing is that we are going for 20 psi runs and before we do I want to find out if thier is a better oil pump that send higher volume then stock .
Regards ,Bondo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ASIA said:
just get a oem oil pump shimmed, I wouldn't trust an aftermarket oil pump. I don't know about that oil cooler on the turbo oil lines. It sounds like it'll be a massive oil restrictor would could starve your turbo.
Yes I did think about restriction but we have an adapter plate already that feeds to the turbo from the oil filter housing, the only differnce is now that feed will go to the 14"x7" cooler then to the turbo , and what exactly does shimming an oil pump accomplish, do you have pics that I can see or install faq's? im very interested . I just want to make sure everything runs cool and is properly lubercated I will post some pics later and when you see my duel flow american monster race radiator you'll see im anti detonation freak.
Regards

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
im getting ready to do this on my dads car (its a 928 with an lt1). my plan basicly goes like this: the oil runs through the filters, through the cooler, then splits for each turbo(stupid little t-25s have to be good for something), then runs back together and back into the block. the only difference is i have a high volume oil pump and more oil than an arab shek.

the only time your turbo will be without oil is on the initial start-up, just like it is now. if you add a cooler it should only take another 1/2 sec to pressureize the cooler and additional lines. as for your pump i dont know, what kind of oil pressure do yu have now? if its anything like an sr (about 80psi on start up) you should have no problem, i've seen an sr dump all 3.5 quarts of oil in less than 3 sec right after it blew the filter off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
On the back side of the oil pump facing down threre is a large hex cap... remove this cap and you will find a spring and a plunger... This is the pressure relief valve.... putting a couple washers in the cap will tighten spring spring pressure and raise the maximum oil pressure your pump will make.. There is no way to increase volume of the stock oil pump and no aftermarket high volume oil pumps that I have heard of...

There would be no harm in feeding your turbo with oil from the cooler...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts