Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm new to this whole car. Ive had a couple cavaliers but nothing considered a "tuner" or "import". I dont want to do the whole ricer thing with a stupid muffler and wing and all that. I picked me up a 1990 SE hatch. It already has some decent aftermarket 16" wheels and 235s in the back that are very nice. Nice cd player already. My plans at the moment include possibly a new hatch (the stock spoiler has some rust on the hatch around it), lowering it about 1.5 inches, a header and exhaust, short shifter, some interior work (seats, new speakers but not subs, window tint), and upgrading the stock headlights with some HIDs.

After that some future mods Id love to do if i had the money would be a 26dett like the skylines got or something similar in performance, a front end swap to something more recent, and possibly even getting the chance to take it to a track to actually do some drifting.

Id like to form some relationships with people who want to help someone relatively new to the scene out so if anyone has any advice for me, let me know. tty all later. -Rob

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
A lot of the information you want is already on the forum somewhere, you'd just have to search. But to answer your questions here goes:

Lowering springs get a nice spring/strut combo probably some agx struts with eibach springs.
Header and exhaust is upto you. I have my rsr-ex mag and I love it but may be too loud for others. If you're looking for a can exhaust and quiet I'd go for the 2.5" hks hi-power. I had one and it was fantastic.

Short shifter ...well...there are a couple. I have my C's short shifter and its okay. There's also b&m. I'd go with them.

As for seats any S-chassis seats will bolt in with no problem. A majority of people have s14 or s15 seats. I have s15 seats but after a while of sitting in them they don't have as much hold as I'd like, but are very stylish and comfortable over s14. There is nothing wrong with s14 seats, I just don't prefer them.

Don't mod your motor yet. Just learn to drive the engine for what it is. Its a great motor to start with. It may be slow but its torque makes up for it and makes it fun to drive. Save motor work till after you feel you have nothing left to do. I still have my stock ka and its fun.

Everything else well its up to you to do your research. Have fun and be safe. The learning experience is exponential if you constantly read and search. :thumbsup

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks man, and sorry for not searching a whole lot, ive done some research lookin at stickys but i just wanted to make sure my plans wouldnt be stupid or something. Plus when i wrote that yesterday I had been drinking a little bit, so yeah, I just wanted to talk to some people who might wanna help me out. Apparently some people dont, lol.

With my last cars I had even if something had been talked about a hundred times, id still give the person posting some advice likeyou just did because thats just how i am i guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts