Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my name is michael! im an avid car guy and i currently own a 2003 mazdaspeed protege

but unfortunately its ff. so i need something else cause im trying to get into drifting.
i do some work with an importer so i have the oppurtunity to buy a 180sx or some s13's or 14's. which one is better for drifting??? i did some research and i guess a problem on these cars is rust? right? if the car does have rust what can i do? how much boost/hp can the stock sr20 hold? im not trying to do some insane build just something that goes quick. thanks guys

·
Registered
74 Posts
the sr20 runs pretty nice...but in my opinion i would get the ka24de on the s13. and the trans is pretty decent

·
Registered
74 Posts
wait wait wait wait..............ok here we go...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!. and yeah its true what he said that if you have questions about some of the engines u can search through the forums to read what experiences people had with those mods. i cant tell u as much about the sr20 as they can cuz i only had a ka24e ka24de and an rb25

·
Registered
493 Posts
It's nissan's v8 It comes in the Q45. if you want it manual you'll have to get a Vg30TT trans and use an adapter still with that trans and a little fab work. but a guy in japan made a 1000hp on stock internals he used it in his boat. Me and my friend bryan pulled 1 the other day and he dropping it in his s14..

·
Registered
273 Posts
welcome to the forum....You will soon learn that many hours and even days will be spent reading page after page on thread after thread learning things that you never would have dreamed about your car....but it is a good use of time ;) You will also find the people on this site very helpful and informative.....once again welcome to the 240sxforums community :welcome:

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
MS Protege, nice.
Like mentioned before you'll be spending hours and days on end doing research. Like they say if you want it done right do it yourself...
Truthfully between the S13 and the S14, I'm going to say go a drive them for your self. But make sure there very similar as far as mods weather Stock or not try to make them even for a fair comparison. For me the S14 feels like a more upgraded kind of feel over the 13. I've driven and ridin in both and own a 14, I personally like the 14.
Engine choice, it's all personal pref. SR's rev higher then KA's. KA's have awesome low and mid-range, not to mention the trq. RB's are pretty well at maintaining the trq they do make and rev just as high if not higher then an SR, but it'll make the car a little more front end heavy but some guys like that feel.

Again research and Welcome :)
Enjoy your stay...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welcome to the forum....You will soon learn that many hours and even days will be spent reading page after page on thread after thread learning things that you never would have dreamed about your car....but it is a good use of time ;) You will also find the people on this site very helpful and informative.....once again welcome to the 240sxforums community :welcome:
lolz i learned that i would be spending alot of hours on forums from my protege. whenever im on the internet i have atleast 3 car forums open that im searching through hahaha.

thanks for the support guys :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts