Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new member here, just bought a 1992 240sx fastback.hatchback. its not the prettiest but im in the process of cleaning it up. did a bit of reading and i believe the car has the infamous rattling of marbles in the tin can. im planning on taking out the timing chain guides this weekend(previous owner did not take them out). car has 148K miles, 5-speed w/sunroof. the hatch has rusted out and i already got a spare hatch on the way(painted black). got some new tires for the rears and im good to go for inspection:thumbsup
here are pics of the car:

pics of rust spot

im planning on getting newer plugs as i felt and hear the car hesitate above 3K RPMs a bit along with new front pads as the pedal feels somewhat mushy. also plan on changing the tranny fluid and the diff. i read that the tranny and diff uses different fluid type, GL-4 for the tranny and GL-5 for the diff correct? i think 75W-90 IIRC for both though.

edit-dunno if i got the LE or SE, didnt get a chance to jack up the rear to check but aside from that im clueless lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the duct tape!

Welcome...

I bought my 240 in Feb, and got it on the road last week...I spent two months finding a relatively rust free one in the great white North of Canada, and still had to fill a few holes creatively to get it to pass the safety inspection...I was concerned about my hatch rust, but you got me beat, love the impromptu duct tape spolier holder....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts