Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrgiht, i have a 92 240 and i am going to order some 5zigen Fn01rc wheels. If i went staggard i would go 17x7 in the front with 215/45/17 tire and 17x8 in the rear with 235/45/17. if i dont go staggard i would just go 17x8 all around with 235/45/17. The offset of those wheels would be + 35. Also i'm getting some KYB AGX struts and some eibach sportline springs.

My question is would i have to roll any fenders with either of those wheel/tire setups? and will i need to order anything else along with the suspension, like camber kits or strut mounts, or anything else?

Thanks alot

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
IF you get Camber bolts for both front and Rear you should be fine w/ Fender Clearance, it'll be close but do able, if you dont get any camber bolts, I'm not sure how the 235's will clear w/o the camber bolts, but I do know that 225's will. (FYI, your Rear Upper control arm's should already have camber bolts but IDK how much correction it'll allow... Most aftermarket kits will go up to 1.75* or more...)

I would personally go w/ 17x8 A.A. because S13's have tendency to understeer more then the S14's do, atleast in my exp.

Thats just my opinion...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i went 17x8 all around with 225 all around i should be good and not have to worry about the camber bolts or my fenders?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
i have fno1r-c's in 17X8 +35 all the way around. oh and i am running 225/45/17 tires. the front's get a lil close to the spring perch on the strut (like 1/2"), but i have had no rubbing issues and have had these rims/tires for 7mo's. you will not have to roll anything, but i have am running my stock suspension still. when i install my kts coilovers in a couple weeks i will let you know if i have any issues. oh yeah ive got some pics for ya, flat black fn's, ftw!

and yes 240kid, i have noticed that when i was running my stock wheels it understeered a lil bit. but it will not understeer with more meat in the front unless you have the suspension fully loaded on a off-camber turn and have to slam on the brakes because of a rodent,deer, or road clown (bicyclist) in my way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright well i think i'm going to go with 17x8's all around with the 225 tire. thanks for the pics and the help thats pretty much what i needed answered. would it be a good idea to get new strut mounts or should i be alright?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
whats with the fogs inside the vents?
im always on the canyon road and theres rocks in a couple of places from the mountainside eroding. i figure the bigger sized rocks that could actually bust the lenses will hit the vents first. & the cops here are bitches and love to pull anyone over with anything on their cars that isn't stock.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
alright well i think i'm going to go with 17x8's all around with the 225 tire. thanks for the pics and the help thats pretty much what i needed answered. would it be a good idea to get new strut mounts or should i be alright?
i dont know what you mean specifically by strut mounts. but if you mean new struts perches i would say no, you are getting kyb's supposedly and those should work fine. you should have no clearance issues with the wheel being to close to the strut in the front or rear.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Yeah, you don't need new Top hats, unless you plan on spending money for front camber plates, but if your gonna upgrade to coilovers after I say you just wait, and Get Camber bolts for all 4 corners so that you can dial in some camber to help w/ your cornering...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all right well thanks alot for the help. hopfully going to order all of this soon so when i get my car out and put it all on i'll get some pics and show you guys. thanks again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh, one more question about actually ordering these wheels. i live in canada so after the exchange rate i will probably be paying about $1000 or more for the wheels alone, but then there is also a boarder fee wich i have no idea how much would be. does anyone no if there is a way around the boarder fee or even somewhere in canada that i could order them from that would be about the same price? or will i just have to suck it up and pay it haha

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
im always on the canyon road and theres rocks in a couple of places from the mountainside eroding. i figure the bigger sized rocks that could actually bust the lenses will hit the vents first. & the cops here are bitches and love to pull anyone over with anything on their cars that isn't stock.

how did you mount it cuz i was looking at my car and it made me think i might be jacking your idea :eek:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
how did you mount it cuz i was looking at my car and it made me think i might be jacking your idea :eek:
no worries man were all fam on the forums, im not gonna get pissed if you put the lights there 2. the more the merrier. i got a dewalt right angle drill, the appropriate size bit, and got under the car and drilled into the cross support. oh yeah i had to take an inch or so of height out of the drill bit to get it to fit inbetween the front support and the bottom of the bumper. when you go to mount the lights, just take out the turn blinker housings and the holes are right in line with that housing so getting the nuts on the bolts were pie, i just used my 3/8" (bitch) ratchet & tightened them suckers up. & there is a hole in the support already there so i just used a 1/2" bolt & nut to mount the ground wire (sanding off the paint from around the hole of course). althought tightening the nut on the ground by going through the blinker hole was not easy. i couldnt get a socket on there due to the angle, so i ended up using a long ass standard screw driver & pried it inbetween the nut & the metal support and tightened the bolt. if you put your ground wire there you'll see what im talking about. if you need pics id b more than happy to go under my pos & snap a few.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
yeah could you. also i dont have a bumper support soooooo.... yea

·
Registered
61 Posts
just saw this and putting my 2 cents in. either wheel option you go with you should be able to clear everything fine with no mods. in fact i run the same wheels, but different sizes. 17x8 (235 tire) up front, 17x9 (255 tire) in rear and i still havent rolled or pulled my fenders or done any sort of mod really. only thing i have are coilovers and i have about 1 degree neg camber on front and rear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts