Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been building hot rods and drag cars for a long time, but after going to Road Atlanta last fall I'm starting something different, at least for me. I have an s13 hatch that I have completely gutted. All that remains is roof, quarters, windshield, rocker panels, and a small section of floor. I plan to build an entire tube frame, front and rear suspension, cage and use as much fiberglass panel as I can. I want to come in at 2000 to 2100 lbs with an aluminum LS and TKO 6 speed. I plan to stuff as much rubber as possible (295/40/18) on the rear and slightly smaller on the front. I plan to be able to do anything I want with it, track days, autocross, drag race, etc. I'm thinking 4 link rear and A arm front. Which brings me to my question. Since I want to keep all 4 tires on the pavement in a turn, should the front or rear be a little looser? Which end should the stiffer sway (anti roll) bar be on?
Thanks!
Steve

·
240-kid
47,137 Posts
With that much change we can't answer that.
With Stock Suspension Geometry/Pick up points we try to make the front as stuff as possible before diminishing gains to keep the rear inside from picking up. Some guys even remove or run the smallest rear seat bar to help the 2 rear wheels move independently to help the rear inside again.

As far as the from A-Arm and Rear 4 Link I don't not believe anyone here has gone to that extent.

Send me a PM and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts