Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took it for a spin, it drives real nice. The interior was spotless, no rust underneath. The hatch had rust but someone patched it up. It looks kinda terrible but it's the hatch, no a big deal I suppose. See the picture. There's a small spot behind the drivers side door that may need to be replaced as it may be bubbling up. It's already converted to the JDM front. It's got a DOHC KA swapped in it. My concern with it was a weird ticking noise. I'm curious if anyone an diagnose it for me with a video I took. Check it out, read over the ad for it and let me know what you guys think please?

Ad:

128k on chassis, ~80k on DOHC engine. 5 spd, pw, pdl, sunroof. Silvia front end conversion with projector lights, s14 vlsd, 6 puck F1 race clutch, XTD 11 lb flywheel, underdrive crank pulley, zomk speed header, z32 fuel filter, 255lph fuel pump, 8.5mm spark plug wires, Eibach sportline front and H & R rear springs (they work well together). Pioneer cd/mp3 head unit. A Valet (same as Viper) alarm/remote start/keyless entry is installed but when the engine was changed it was somehow disconnected, so it needs to be re-connected and it will work fine.

Engine pulls very hard and doesn’t leak or burn oil. Radiator, clutch master, and alternator have ~10k on them. The right window regulator is brand new. The interior is in very good, clean condition, with no tears in the seats, and the exterior is decent but could use a paint job. Silvia front lip is not installed in pictures, but it is included (i had it off to allow more clearance and avoid any scraping).

The car previously had an SR engine so the a/c was removed. Currently some of the a/c lines are installed, but it needs a condenser to be complete which i don’t have. It also needs a rear wiper (the motor works fine, it just needs the wiper).Aside from that everythingis intact and works fine. The car has a clean NJ title and if i remember correctly from when i bought it, a clean Carfax as well. I’m negotiable on the price but don’t lowball me. A welded differential and front & rear strut braces are also available for purchase if interested. Please note the car is no longer registered so joy rides are out of the question.

I've been looking around for little this and that to make the ride more comfortable right off the bat. The seats in these things are god awful but then again, this thing is old. Also, I'm saving up for an SR20 swap as well. I want to get that in, but have a couple questions with that. With the motor, I want to get a full exhaust system for it and lastly I want to swap out the brakes but in doing the brakes, I'm thinking of just doing a 5 lug swap.

SO, question time:

What OEM seats are a pretty easy drop in for these?

Assuming I just go with a full Redtop swap and full gasket set, what else should should I look into?

What type of exhaust can I get that'll be single tip and a low grumble?

What's the most effective (balance of performance and price) 5 lug swap / brake upgrade I can get? I've heard a 300zx swap is pretty easy?

Appreciate the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
wow, that's a pretty clean s13 you picked up... welcome and good luck :) i love mine...

about that ticking noise, a lot of KA's have that problem, it's usually the timing chain hitting the upper timing guides... its no big issue to drive on and you can usually lessen the noise (maybe even get rid of it) by using an OEM oil filter which should increase pressure and thereby decrease flapping of the chain...
or you could remove the upper timing chain guides if you know how to.. i believe there's a diy on 240sxtech.com... i wasn't up to the task by myself though..

how much did you pick it up for?

·
240SX Padawan Learner
2,204 Posts
You can look into some S14 seats, they're pretty nice. Also some R32 and 180SX seats from across the water. As far as the swap goes, there are literally tons of options. The best thing to do is look through the FAQ's and a couple of people's build threads and just pick and choose what you would like to do. A SR swap is like Burger King..build it your way. Exhaust wise, I like the Apexi N1 but there are many others out there. When it comes to big brake upgrades, the 300ZX from what I've read and purchased is relatively cheap when compared to the other kits out there and perform just as well. Good luck!:thumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All great stuff. It's what i need to hear. I'm going to be physically picking up the car in a week or so. I'm getting it for $2500. It's got a couple rough spots. Rough to me is anything that's not perfect, hahaha. The door has a small linear dent, not a big deal to me. The front fenders are a bit rough, but I find when you ship jdm front clips, they usually are not in the best shape so I will deal / replace them. The hatch I want to replace, they tried to seal the holes over where the wing goes so it looks kinda bad. Not very happy with the mirrors but that's an easy fix. So as a fix up for the exterior for it, I plan to go relatively cheap:

New hatch, not carbon fiber, I'm not that baller. Need a wiper too. Kouki wing because its sex.

Sand blast the entire car and just prime it while I figure out the path for the body.

New front fenders, maybe a little bit wider.

Find someone to fix a spot behind the drivers door that may be a rust issue later on.

Aside from all that, the car will cosmetically be just fine for me while the money is dumped in the engine bay. Are S15 ball bearings easily swappable on S13 SR's?

Also, what's a good piggy back EM for these swaps? I'm not going insane with power when I do the swap so I'd rather just do a piggy back system till I hit some decent numbers in which case I will have NISMO run my car.

Appreciate all the help guys. I will start posting my daily driver project when I pick i up as work will begin immediately.

BTW, what's a good site for some JDM goodies for these? I remember with my Honda there was a ton of sites, I know 240 parts aren't as bountiful as Honda, but there's got to be a good number of sites no? Like my eventually addition is the light up 240SX side windows. :thumbsup

·
Registered
101 Posts
i hear some timing chain hitting the top of the valve cover. make sure the top guide was taken out. sometimes if it breaks it can cause some damage. i would recomend getting you timing chain replaced, which would also include guides and tensioners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts