Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so here is the run down .... this is my first sr swap along with my friend(which is his first swap period) being its his car he took upon himself to do some things i dont think were needed..... first he cut the main fuse/relay box off the ka harness and wired in the sr box dont know y but he did........ so last night we got everything set up wired in to what i knew was supposed to be wired in other than what he did..... well we tried to start the car everything turns on... fuel pump kicked on all lights work everything turns on with the turn of the ignition but...... i look over at the ecu and its smoking ..... ok so the pin to the mass air flow sensor melted 1... 2 causing the pin to burn and burning out a diode in the ecu... i took the ecu today put new diode in it re did the pin in it re did the wire that melted as far back as i could get to. checked all the wires he did on the fuse/relay box checked for power to everything everything was good checked power and grounds on the harness at the ecu plug everything seemed good other than the fuel pump slot didnt seem to have a very strong current....(note doint this with test light just to see if power is there) pluged the ecu in.... tried to start it again.. the red light (in ecu) goes off when trying to start it.... theres no spark..... no fuel at making it even to the fuel filter or fuel rail.... nothing....... i want to know how fucked it is if anyone can give any ideas wtf it could be went over everything i possibly could think of 4 times..... im very mind set on the fuse box being all kinds of wired up wrong but everything does seem to be getting power... grounds are set good motor turns over just fine just wont start... checked spark NONE... no checked injectors.. there good and pump does kick on and prime and i can prime it all day at the ecu plug and never get pressure to filter..... we even checked the lines at the pump and its got pressure there...... im just goin to cut it off there and see what anyone has to say..... if theres anything you need to know more info or whatever ask and ill give what i can tell you like i said ive checked everything more than once over and am just stumpped could be bad ignighter bad coils bad ecu i duno might need all new harness for all i know just need help tryin to figure this out

thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update its now getting fuel but still no spark goin to check current at coils and igniter after work any suggestions on anything else

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so last night i took the harness out of the car to look it over completly .... turned out one wire the blue with red strip wire that wasnt spliced into the black red wire off the plugs next to the fuse block wasnt ever wired in did that and it fired right up...... now have to set timing and hook up a vacuume line and hopefully it'll rev past 3 grand :)

·
240SX Padawan Learner
2,204 Posts
I keep checking this thread like three times a day to see if you're making any progress, I wish I could help you man but I don't know anything about wiring. Good luck though!:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
oh man wiring issues are a pain... good to hear you got it started. If it won't rev past 3k, double check that the timing is set right, that there are not boost leaks, and that your MAFS is in good workin condition!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts