Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told before to use NICO, and I've seen on forums where people are told to use NICO, and I have tried it and I think it sucks. It's been about 9 months or so since I've even been on the site but I'm curious, is it just me or what? It seems they don't answer you question on their forums and if they do theyre slow as shit.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I mostly just use it as a reference to things. I personally don't like being on multiple forums of a single type. But if I have something that I need looking up and they pop up in a google search I'll read what they have to say. Other than that I don't use them. This forum is more than enough for me.

·
Suck My Balls!
3,549 Posts
Each one of the Nissan or 240sx specific forums have their pros and cons

I am a member, maybe, of most of them but I tend to stick to this one here. I do more answering of questions and posting in off-topic than I really do asking questions though. This forum has a better overall feel with less over opinionated pricks than the others.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
all the forums are good for certain things. nico, zilvia and 240sxforums are all great. i have noticed that nico and zilvia get you a lot of hits on the for sale threads compared to 240sxforums and freshalloy. i love 240sxforums because of the people on here. there are some great characters on here that are just good people and willing to help. but you arent the only one dude.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I like NICO for stuff not 240sx specific. I have been doing a lot of reading on there about the engine I'm using from the Q45. I have looked on their 240sx section and it seems like it is a step under the information I can find on here. I use NICO for their classifieds also, more members means more people trying to sell stuff. d:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Yeah, NICO has its flaws, but honestly, most of the threads on there are, as has already been stated, reference threads. I don't like the community, but it's got a lot of great information on their site.

And they may not answer your question if it's been asked a million times. It gets old answering the same questions over and over again. If you search, you can probably find what you're looking for, or find a link to another site.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I like them all, too bad they don't like us the same:greddy:. I've tried reaching out to the owners to try and organize stuff and didn't even get a response. I'll blame it on email not working or getting through..:12dunno

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
i blame it on the fact most of them seem to have a "holier than though" aspect.

think of the forums like the movie Dodgeball.

We would be Average Joes Gym, just playing for the fun of the game, and they would be the steroid abusing Girl Scout Troupe.... taking 240s, life, and their ego's entirely too seriously.

·
Registered
466 Posts
IMO nico has the best RB section. this ones has a lot of good info but its not nearly as active as it used to be (the rb section). zilvia has the best classifieds... the first 2-3 pages are usually from the last 24 hrs and they always have like 800+ people online. i like 240sxforums for the build threads and searching for stuff thats probablly already been covered. i just hate that 240sxforums is the slowest site of the 3

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
im loyal to 240sxforums so i wouldnt know, brownie points?

ok i lie, i go on ka-t occassionally, but i only have like 15 posts i swear!

ha

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
I like them all, too bad they don't like us the same:greddy:. I've tried reaching out to the owners to try and organize stuff and didn't even get a response. I'll blame it on email not working or getting through..:12dunno
Jose, do you know about the 240SX Convention one of the moderators on Zilvia is trying to get started? I see no reason why your assistance wouldn't be appreciated. Plus you could easily get a nice group from the east to caravan.

Zilvia = For Sale Forum plus some information which mainly linked to NICO.

NICO = Information Forum.

240SXForums = Fun Forum with a good bit of info (Lots of info compacted into single threads).

I see these three as being the main forums to visit in the S-Chassis community. Clearly there are others, but none are as active. Plus many of the other forums tend to not cater completely to the S-Chassis.

As mentioned they all have pros and cons. Best thing to do is fine the one you feel most comfortable with and join the others so as you don't limit your resources.

I keep coming back to 240SXForums because this is where I started learning about the S-Chassis. I joined Zilvia in '06 only because I finally needed to purchase things for the car and that was definitely the forum to be on for that. Eventually I started meeting up with a few SoCal guys which then started the 818 240SX Meet thread to be started. The fact that such a large portion of the members are from SoCal just made it easier to interact with people.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, shit that's alot of helpful info. I think that's why I mostly stick to this forum and zilvia. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
yea zilvia's for sale section is king

and nico is def good source for general nissan info

but this forum has the best ppl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts