Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m new to the 240 world. I’ve been a euro guy my whole life and that’s more of what I’m used to working on. I have a 91 hatch, 5 speed with stock motor. Recently it hasn’t been starting. When I put the key in the ignition to accessory mode I have full power however, when I go to crank the engine I hear the relays click followed by the whole car losing power. No power to the dash, windows or anything. I’ve checked my battery voltage which reads normal. The clutch interlock relay works as it should, my grounds are pretty rusty but are all attached at the proper locations. My alternator is working. I am very stumped as to where to go from here. I replaced the starter before this problem occurred with a brand new one. The only way to restore power to the car is to disconnect and then reconnect the battery and the car “resets”. Anyone had this issue or similar?

·
Administrator
2,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Would love to see pics of your car.

Electrical gremlins are a pain in the rear.

Verify that you have 12V coming out of your battery.

Clean all of your grounds.

Make sure you don't have any shorts. I had a problem that sounded very similiar on my truck, my main power wire was actually pinched somewhere.

Download the factory service manual and follow the steps for "No start" condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Make sure you don't have any shorts. I had a problem that sounded very similiar on my truck, my main power wire was actually pinched somewhere.

Download the factory service manual and follow the steps for "No start" condition.
Nice Image, welcome on board

·
Registered
1 Posts

I was having I was having a starting trouble and I changed the Ignition switching to Steering column

1 - 4 of 4 Posts