Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 240sx se

OK well at first i thought it was the ground wire thing like everyone else... but i got my tail lights and my 3rd break light and reverse lights to work(traced the wires and they were unplugged)(but there was a plug at each light) meant for new plugs i guess cause the ones that were attacked to the car were all corroded so i sodered the new connectors on and BAM they work... solved most of the problem... now the only one left is the dash lights dont work. i dont have the ac controller so i cant tell ya if those lights come on but the light for the shifter dont come on so iono what the problem is. it does have a aftermarket radio(full self wired... ran all new wireing) due to the original harness being cut out before i bought the car. i tryed grounding the one wire at the radio to get it to work and nothing. i tryed actualy bypassing the dimmer switch and that didnt work. the fuse is fine(all fuses in the car none are blown) all the instrement panel lights have been replaced with blue ones(my last 240 was red and i like doin something different each time)(its missing the ce light and a few other stupid lights that were removed from previous owner...)

why wont the instrement panel lights wont light up??? gonna try the ground again with the dimmer bypass to see if that works... now that all the other lights work but gonna try after dinner

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
got it... was one of a few things... could of been that ground wire by the radio could of been the corrosion at the connector could of been the bulb sockets but it lights up and the dimmer dont control the darkness of it... would like to know if thats full bright and if so i might be adding more bulbs to it

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u can get aftermarket lights led types to make it brighter. Nice tailights lol i also got ur lights already
y ty that back pic is the best looking part of the car. the trunk is now primer black. they are sweet and fit well now lil bit more body adjustments and the entire rear end will be completely straight. gotta do some welding in the front to get that straight then gonna get a new hood bumper lights and fenders. lol was gonna message ya to make sure u got them but ur pm box was full and im gonna buy 10 leds and light the PISS out of the cluster lol with some super blues gonna try to take one of my old aftermarket tachs apart and make me a 2nd rev light so i can make the tack light up red when i needs to shift if i can lol shouldnt be hard and if it would cost more then 20 bucks ima buy a tach to do it. tryn to make this car look good nstead of building it for speed. i have my lil geo metro thats made for racing dont hate(its not a 3 cyl 1.0 and no u dont see the 3stage nitrous and the BIG FCKN turbo)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts