Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Suck My Balls!
3,549 Posts
well when i bought my car the odometer and speedometer did not work sometimes they would flicker on and read wrong numbers. the way i fixed it was by swapping out clusters so i still cant point the EXACT cause.

Jimmy

·
Registered
46 Posts
From what i've heard is they tend to go out after so many years, Mine did, they are mechenical, I just got junck yard replacements that worked fine forme, got them for 10 bucks I think.

·
240SX Padawan Learner
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't remember what it looked like when I took my cluster out but I'm guessing that the odometer and trip odometer are single units like the clock, tach and so on and that I don't have to replace the entire cluster correct?

·
Suck My Balls!
3,549 Posts
I can't remember what it looked like when I took my cluster out but I'm guessing that the odometer and trip odometer are single units like the clock, tach and so on and that I don't have to replace the entire cluster correct?
correct. the tachs are not interchangeable between the (KA-E or CA) or (KA-DE or SR) though

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
the odometer and tripometer relys on the speed-guage and vehicle speed sensor, check the circuit or check the sensor or speed guage for functionality. i put in a digital cluster and the digital speedo didn't work along with the odometer and tripometer. i replaced the digital speed with a working one and both the odometer and tripometer works fine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My speedo hardly works too!!! I have to bang on the sensor before just to have it go on and off when in drivin

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
the vehicle speed sensor is at the rear most of the tranny. guage cluster, is well in the instrument cluster.

·
240SX Padawan Learner
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WTF!!!??? I get in the car tonight and both the odometer and the trip odometer are working just fine. I hate it when something works and then doesn't and then works again...me personally, I like closure. It either shouldn't work at all so I know that I need to fix/replace it or it should work normally so I know that I don't need to worry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i just bought a 92 240sx with a redtop sr20 and the all the gauges work except for the speedometer, i changed the speed sensor with one provided but the guy i bought i off, so after installed it still no speedometer...so what i am hearing from you guys is that it is mostly likely the gauge cluster and not something else? and if so what might it be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
my clock is acting all funny too. any sugs?
my clock just went out, too! Mechanic changed the passenger door switch and it works again!! Unfortunately, I also changed the speed sensor, and my odometer, tripometer and cruise STILL don't work. UGH! anything?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts