Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
47,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well been doing a little bit of Researching and Reading and Got interested into OEM Sway bar swaps after seeing that ALL S13 & S14 Rear Sway bars are interchangeable. I wanted to know if the Front were interchangeable Between the S13 and the S14???

These are some specs I got

S13:
Convertable & Base:
Front - 24mm Orange(Color Indication)
Rear - 15mm LightGreen

SE:
Front - 25mm White
Rear - w/o ABS/VLSD - 17mm
Rear - w/ ABS/VLSD - 21mm Red

S14:
Front - 27.2mm LightGreen
Rear - 15.9mm (SE Only) Blue

I seen a few S14 guys d the 27.2mm / 21mm S13 Rear Sway swap

If any S14 Guys are running the 27.2mm / 21mm Sway set-up how has it improved your handling?

Update:
J30 Rear Sway Bar: Direct Bolt-on (Per Def)
19mm Hollow - ~1.5lbs Lighter than S13 15mm

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well been doing a little bit of Researching and Reading and Got interested into OEM Sway bar swaps after seeing that ALL S13 & S14 Rear Sway bars are interchangeable. I wanted to know if the Front were interchangeable Between the S13 and the S14???
No they wont.

S14 Front Sway Bar is totally different than the S13.

Only reason the rears work is because the Subframe/Lower Arms are initially the same.

·
Premium Member
47,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 Thanks for the verification...

I PM'd the guy w/ the 27.2mm / 21mm Set-up hopefully he gets back to me to verify any change.
I would assume it does improve but hey, we all know what assuming does...

·
Premium Member
47,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, so I got a PM back, he said it made his car very ass happy, bad for Grippers, good for Drifters :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Update, so I got a PM back, he said it made his car very ass happy, bad for Grippers, good for Drifters :)
Yea I've got a 25mm Front & 21mm Rear but I added them the same time I adeedan Energy Suspension Bushing it, Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings and all new Ball Joints/Bearings (the works).

Handling wise now, its insane! Very very grippy (even with bald tires) and very predictable since everything is new and tight vs old and worn out.

#1 Improvement as far as I'm considered thou would be the Solid Subframe Bushings... It totally changes the feel of the rear end (for the better) but can be stiff depending upon the Suspension setup. I personally run a Shock/Spring combo so the ride isnt harsh at all but with a stiff Coilover it would defiantly be stiff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.