Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods Sticky this bad boy of a thread thanks ;) .

Sooo I did some powdercoating today since its my birthday and I just wanted to have fun. Well my hard work came out nice.

The life of a valve cover.

First the prep which is pretty much strip previous coating and clean up the cover as best you can. Get that sucker down to bare metal.

some examples.

Now comes the base coat. For the color I went with required a Black base coat.

After baking and cooling its time to add color to the recessed letters. obvious choice was silver.

Back in the oven for a few minutes, pull it out and lay on the baller color. Aquamarine Clear. So after all that work my patience was rewarded.
If you didnt notice this badboy changes colors from a shiny Blue to a Sparkle Green.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
finally you listen to me :)

good shit man.

hope you saw my comment on myspace btw.

Happy birthday you old ass muh'fukka!

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that comment, I was gonna comment back but got lazy.

Im not THAT old.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
damn ur getting good puma

my uncle owns a powder coat shop down in florida yea idk why I felt like saying that

but anywho you should move up north so you can share ur powdery goodness with me (no homo)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Once again, nice stuff.

And remember:

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cake was a lie :( oh well I got Lobster, Sushi, Brownies, Yuenling, Curry Udon, Mussles, Corn Chowder instead :)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
The cake was a lie :( oh well I got Lobster, Sushi, Brownies, Yuenling, Curry Udon, Mussles, Corn Chowder instead :)
In one meal?! Holy crap, I thought I ate a lot.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In one meal?! Holy crap, I thought I ate a lot.
No not one meal.

Saturday my pops invited us out to celebrate my birthday since everyone was home. We went to BoneFish Grille which had a Grand Opening. We had Yuengling from the Tap, Newcastle and Margaritas. We had Corn Chowder with Lump Crab, Mussles as appetizers. Than my main course was Lobster Tail with Garlic Beat Potatoes. Dessert was Key Lime Pie and Macadamian Nut Brownie with Ice Cream and Raspberry sauce.

Thursday (Actual birthday) Mom invited me and my brother to our favorite sushi restaurant. I ordered some Unagi Rolls (Freshwater Eel) as appetizer, than my main course arrived a BIG ASS bowl of Curry Udon with beef steaks and onion (I LOVE THIS SOUP) for Dessert an order of Mochi in Mango, Red Bean Paste, Vanilla flavors.

I made a thread about using a Honda Ecu for my car on zilvia. Aparently the 2 homos JohnGriff and SteveShadows came in messing up my thread and ridiculed me for not going Haltech. My friend whos a professional tuner came in and owned them. Thread got locked so they resorted to neg repping me on zilvia. Well Jimmy got me back into the Green and they got pissed even more. It took them about 1month and a half to get me -3300 points. Jimmy posi repped me back into positive 3600 in a few days. Now im at 4600 thanks to you and a few peeps.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
oh word, yeah i didnt even know about that. i was talking about the "post your powdercoated/painted/whatever valvecover" thread is what i repped you in.

true there are alot of haters on zilvia, rep is pretty retarded over there anyways. at least your back in the green

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well technically you could say I am a small business. Im actually the only Powder Coater allowed to advertise on Nico. Also if I start taking more orders I worry that it might drain me and than it wont be fun anymore. After all its the prepping that sucks big donkey dildo, spraying is the easy part.

Also I like to experiment and try new things if im constantly doing orders than it doesnt allow me to try new things. Right now Im averaging about 2-4 orders a week. Thats anywhere from $120-$240 of extra playing money. So to put it bluntly Im happy where Im at.

The only reason I keep joshin Neo to let me be a vendor is because I consider you guys closer to me than on Nico and dont mind hooking you guys up. But Nico has a larger audience and helps with orders.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Well, maybe I'll let you have some fun with my other valve cover when I get around to it. Like I said, I want to play around with some filler first to see if I can clean it up some more.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My friend asked me to make something on the wild side. I had a hard time coming up with a scheme. So I figured trying a 2tone.

I must say this cover was the MOST pain in the ass, I've never been so frustrated on a cover like this one. Overall Im happy with the concept its not perfect but overall Im pleased. The masking on this was ridiculous I think im gonna use painters tape next time instead of this crappy powder coaters tape.

This is a cover I did for a friend as well. I was having such a bad day with applying multiple coats so I had to shoot the pink when the cover was hot. This poses a problem of the powder hardening before I can wipe off the letters.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts