Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my new manifold restricts where my oil catch can goes. it won't fit with the new manifold. so, i ask, what options do i have in terms of ethier relocating it, or cutting it in half as a model and building a new one? here's a pic of my predicament. i'm thinking about getting some flexible hose, and running it from the pipe backwards and mounting the catch can against the firewall.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts

Replaced the T fitting on the valve cover with a single fitting, closed off the recirc pipe at the rear of the motor and put a single pipe to the catch can.

See the second fitting on the can that has a brass blanking screw in it? You can run a hose from that back to the recirc pipe at the back of the motor.

2nd option:

Use a single entry can like this and run a pipe from this to one side of the T on the valve cover. Run a piece of heat proof hose from the other side of the T over the exhaust manifold to the factory recirc pipe.

Both of the above are oil-air seperators.

For a simple oil catch can simply emulate the factory setup and use a can with an entry and an exit with no air breather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts