Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut wanted to get some of your opinions.. I have a chance to get a 89 240 for 200 bucks. It has 136k miles and it's an automatic. i was thinking daily driver/ weekend dragger. The for sale sign says it runs but it needs body work.. lemme hear what ya'll think!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have always been told anything that runs and drives is worth $500... chances are if they want $200 bucks for it, it is probably a $200 car.. I wouldn't expect too much out of it. depending on how bad of shape the body is in I would probably buy it..

·
Registered
19 Posts
The cheaper the purchase price, the more it will cost to make it run properly. In the end, any car takes about $700-1000 (inc. purchase price) to make reliable. It's an overgeneralization, but true from all my experiences.

- Brad

·
Registered
521 Posts
rebuild, t/a to m/t

ebuild it, 300? m/t 300? total = 800 in my opinion for a rebuilt motor that makes the car only need body work. Don

·
Registered
118 Posts
^eh.. I have no clue what that is supposed to mean???

anyways, I would look it over and probably pick it up.. if you did some of the body work yourself you can always turn around and re-sell it for a profit. with the car I just piccked up the headlights where all effed up and the front bumper was in the back hatch.. the interior was trashed.. I spent 2-3 days cleaning it up, and now everyone wants to buy it off me..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Buy It , If It Doesnt Run , It Is The Perfect Car Todo The Rb 25det Conversion, Buy It For 200 The Sink 3000 In It And Youll Have An Awesome Car, Other Wise Just Save Your Money And Get A Better Car. If Your Wanting A Daily Driver You Should Spend At Least $1000 On It,if Youbuy It For 200 I Promise You, Youll Put At Least 1k Intoit Getting It Where You Want It

1 - 10 of 10 Posts