Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch: alirght so i bought a 1990 from some kid that ran it out of fluid and over heated it and judging by the chocolate milkshake state that the oil was in i figured it was a blown head gasket. so i got a gasket set. changed all the necessary gaskets ( intake manifold, exhaust manifold, head gasket.) checked the upper timing chain tensioner and it was still there and in working order. so it didnt rub a hole in the water pump housing. Filled it up with coolant. and some cheap oil. found some plastic chunks in the old oil but have no clue what that is from. Ran it for about half an hour to flush it out. then replaced it with some good oil. new filter both times and everything. but i filled up the radiator, and ran the car. it fucking over heated and the new oil is all shitty looking. no white smoke at all but the car definatley over heats. and somehow the water from my radiator is still getting sucked into my oil somehow. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
What type of headgasket did you use? Your hed could need to b machined if it has warped and doesnt sit flush

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i didnt have it leak ttested i should have. but didnt. i was in a little bit of a hurry and was goping that that was not going to be the issue. but from the looks of things i suppose i need a new head. BUT i really think there is more to it than just the head being warped or cracked.SOO im going to just swap the motor instead of just trying to find out what the hell is going on ya know?. can you post me a link to where i can get ALLLLL of the swap info for either ca18det or sr20det? i cannot find that shit anywhere. thanks man

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Dont swap. Keep that little single slammer get the head machined and have fun. It will be alot cheaper in the long run

1 - 8 of 8 Posts