Nissan 240SX Forums banner

plans are rolling on the supercharged ka

2K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  leegoldmann 
#1 ·
That’s right I said it... supercharged. I've caught a lot of shit from the local 240 guys here for even thinking of doing it because they said its pointless, cost too much, and no real power gain. My answer was really that going turbo, supercharged, or nitrous just depends on what your goals are, and to help end the argument of turbo or supercharged (considering it’s hardly been done, so there is no real numbers out there). My goals are to get more out of the low end and give a little bit to the higher end. Cost is also a factor in this, I was first worried that the fact a lot of custom fab would have to be done, but kind of realized I can do most of this at home with the tools I have. Here is what I have planned so far.

Procharger c2- self lubed means no oil lines to tap and less heat going to the motor.

Thicker head gasket- help lower compression

Intercooler- obvious reasons

Larger injectors- not really sure yet, still researching

Fuel pump upgrade

Fuel pressure regulator

Ecu upgrade- still not sure which

Greddy radiator

Dual electric fans

Possible head work- low compression for safe boost.

Right now it looks like the cost will be around the same doing a turbo setup
I also expect a 40-60% HP and run at 7-9psi.

and now some photo...
Procharger C2

possible set ups...

if i do this one then i will do a v-mount with the intercooler and radiator

this might be a little harder to do sence the ka is pushed that far back, but then again the supercharger is no where near and big as that one.

I will keep you guys updated as it comes.

See less See more
#3 ·
is it going to be a drag 240? i think a super KA would kill at the track.

#8 ·
adoboboy said:
you just could be the pioneer for supercharged 240's. Who knows...maybe one day supercharged 240's will out number turbo 240's
hah don't get ahead of yourself there now ;). There are already a few SCed SR20's running around Australia though that someone posted about.

#13 ·

this is my current set up. stock. intake.headers. but pulling that airbox frees us a whole lot of space, so that is one very possible option, but the SC is ruffly 8" in size. personaly i think it would be sick to have it mounted in the front and could probaly do it if I place the electric fans on the other side of the radiator. I doubt I will be a pioneer of doing the "super KA" There is bound to be someone with a real shop and more money to finish it. even though i do have my goal set at 6 months. Dont worry, there will be plenty of photos. Do I smell a DIY thread?

#14 ·
I have heard of some other people doing it on other forms as well.(nicoclub.com). He is going to start selling kits for 1000-1500$. It is a full kit including injectors. I think someone should make a kit that takes the place of the A/C compressor. Think about it. Some new brackes to move it away from the exhaust and some heat wrap on the exhaust runners. You would already have a pulley to place the belt on. If some one makes a kit like that i am going to be one of the first to buy it.

#21 · (Edited)
I'm starting the process of cooling, fuel, electronics, and safety.

right now the cooling panel is in, bigger radiatior and fan should be in next week. roll bar, seats, harness and 300z brakes, 5 speed, and piggy back e-manage next month. I thinking of doing a small turbo for now, getting another KA for the SC, it will be rebuilt with forged eternals, cams, and some head work.

new photo..

the upside it also cover the core support so now it looks like the car was never wrecked

#25 ·
Fidelity101 said:
just get rid of the clutch fan and go with electric, its better and easier.

and that burgandy sticks out ALOT.

I don't think it's really that much better. There's absolutely nothing wrong w/ the clutch fan imo.

ONLY put an e-fan on your car if you know what you're doing.

1) don't just use a toggle switch
2) Use circuit protection

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.