Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know whats involve in making a 95 s14 ka24de doch motor work in a 90 240sx. i already have a 91 doch upper harness and ecu + doch power steering lines..what else do i need.. please help asap... thanks

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
After a good laugh at this guy this is what I came up with, and it sounds pretty good.

DOCH actually sounds better than DOHC....
Dual over CAMS head vs. Dual over HEAD cams

DOHC sounds like there are two heads over one cam (pushrod v8 = poop)
DOCH sounds like there are dual cams over one head (good motors haha)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Why a 95' motor? Isnt it the exact same.......like everything......

·
Registered
123 Posts
well to start off i would recommend getting an s13 distributor pack and external coil. you really wont run into any problems unless u change the valve covers or the front covers, you will probably need diff radiators due to size, but an s14 rad will fit in a s13. on my 95 that i put in a 93, i did the external coil and removed the EGR on it, cause thats pointless (unless ur state requires it) and also the gas expansion chamber (dont know the exact name) but it is on the exhaust manifold side and has about 4 hoses that run across the front of the car. anything else lemme know

o also the intake manifolds are slightly different between s13's and s14's, they both mount up fine, but s14's have an extra "slit" in the either upper or lower intake manifold, that i didnt like so i used an s13 manifold

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do i really need the s13 lower intake part of the manifold?

also can i use an s13 fuel rail and injectors on the s14 motor?

and the tps on the s14 has a small 4 prong male plug built on it..but my s13 dohc harness doesnt have a plug for it. only a large 3 wire connector for the the tps wires coming from underneath the tps. has anybody run into this before?

can i just use the tps off the s13 dohc?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Td5turbo said:
After a good laugh at this guy this is what I came up with, and it sounds pretty good.

DOCH actually sounds better than DOHC....
Dual over CAMS head vs. Dual over HEAD cams

DOHC sounds like there are two heads over one cam (pushrod v8 = poop)
DOCH sounds like there are dual cams over one head (good motors haha)
for making the world a stupider place you get the broom...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts