Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure its about time i posted this project up on this forum.. The car is a 1995 Nissan 240sx that started life as a pathetic 155hp 2.4l 4banger.. I rocked the smallish turbos setups and what not with varying degrees of success but was never quite happy with what i had.. After much debate and persuasion I was convinced that I should put a 2jz with a big sloppy turbo on it..
pic of the car when it was new to me in 1999

wow had the car for 10 years now..
my first turbo setup the car went [email protected] with this and aparently that manifold and turbo have been passed around this town quite a bit..

and on to the new fun stuff. here is a list of the current parts and mods

1995 240SX-SE
Z32 front brakes
Z32 TT fuel pump
q45 diff with axle
DSS drive shaft
1995 2JZ-GE from sc300
hks 1.5mm headgasket
precision 1000cc 2ohm injectors
AEM fuel pressure regulator set to 43psi
heebspeed intake and fuel rail with 90mm q45 throttle body
precision 1000hp intercooler
Koyo radiator with twin electric fans
ATI super dampner
BNR supercars t4 72mm S-cover with .96 divided turbine housing and p-trim
Ebay special exhaust manifold and downpipe
Tial 60mm wastegate
AEM 1900 universal ems with build in ugeo DSM coils MSD 8.8mm wires
AEM tru boost controler
R154 trans from mk3 turbo supra
Spec Super twin clutch with quartermaster throwout bearing and willwood mastercyl
Weld drag lite 15x8.5 wheels with MT 26x8.5 slicks
Z32 wheels for the street
G0-autoworks intercooler piping kit with tial 50mm bov
lots of earls hose fittings for fuel and oil and snaplock vacume and boost lines
and a few more i am sure i haven't thought of yet..

moar pictures at this site Project 240SX-2JZ Photo Gallery by Sam Collier at pbase.com

The plan for the car is to be a mid 9sec car and trap around 155'ish and then put the good r compounds on the car and have it for a fun track day..

future upgrades / mods
full cage
new MT 26x10 tires
Better seat and upgraded belts
paint job "red alert red to match my truck"
dry shot setup just incase
skinny wheels and tires for the front end for drag racing
carbo-tech brake pads all the way round with new rotors all the way around
clean up the wiring under the hood and dash
go-autoworks catch can
4 inch downpipe for racing only
better wheels maybe one day..

Here is my fastest pass to date
YouTube - IFO 3/29/09

I will try to update this as I go

-Sam

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
That is sick man. You have one sexy beast haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
is that on pump gas dyno or it's in C16 race gas. and also i see u are running 72mm turbo how much lag u have if u have any. also what was ur boost set at?

i have jdm 2jz gte with pt67 with low boost made 488whp with spinning tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its on race gas 114 rocket brand fuel.. its not too bad lag wise but its perfect for drag racing.. it made just shy 9of 500 at 18psi on pump gas..

Sam

·
Registered
218 Posts
stock rods and pistons?

·
Registered
31 Posts
2jz gte stock rod and pistons are good upto about 800rwhp. i have seen stock unopened motor doing +800rwhp.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Forgot that the non-vvti ge rods and pistons being the same as the gte rods and pistons. i was very scared for your car for a second.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
made a few changes went with a Bullseye S374 turbo and put a 75 shot on the car.. still on stock cams, head, rods, pistons and block.. 100k + miles on this motor.. just a head gasket and studs..
here is the most recent dyno graph from last friday night..
25psi and a 75 shot..

and here is a link from the IFO i won last week..
YouTube - IFO 2009 Montgomery Motorsports Park

·
Registered
51 Posts
Damn I'm jealous!!! I've got an s13 up in Anniston, AL and I've been wanting to do that 2jz swap for a long time. Right now however, ive got a few more important things to worry about. I knew that car looked familiar. I stumbled over your site a few months back and saw all of the pics. That youtube vid was good too. I bet that dude in the black supra wasn't very happy. I also saw a bunch of honda "hamsters" in the vid, I know there fast but I can't stand them for a few reasons. Anyways, great to have you here and keep posting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
good job man,i saw ur thread on SF and im impres,can't wait to get my stand alone,if i don't get sell my car,i don't have 240sx,but i love cars,have a supra with a 2j
good job man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts