Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally saved up enough to get my project started. Looking to pick up a redtop front clip from japan star in Albany, NY. I will be renting a full size pickup and trailer to retrieve the clip. I would just like to make sure I have the correct steps before purchasing the clip. I will def give the clip a visual inspection to ensure its condition, and that it contains all of the correct parts. Also have a compression test, and leak down if possible there on site. If they can start the clip as well I am sure that will be ideal.
Anything other tips, or items I should look out for prior to inspecting the engine, and purchasing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just bought an s13 blacktop from them, not the clip, just the full engine and tranny... I was very impressed. Great service and it looked much better than I expected. Good luck man...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ya you can take the intake off and check for shaft play in the turbo, if oil was leaking from the engine anywhere and the dipstick level if the oil is still in it, and make sure it's not milky. You can also take off valve cover and look at the cams, and just make sure that no pieces are missing that you are going to need off of it. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts