Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i figure its time to put on a front license plate becasue illinois is starting to enforce it and becasue im sick of seeing the spot where one should be mounted. So, i go to fit one on and i forgot its meant for a japanese license plate so the mounting holes dont match up right. I was thinking of drilling two new holes up above a little bit becasue i want the license plate to not block any of the tiny opening for the intercooler that i have. I was just wondering what the rest of you have done and if you have a pic that would be nice too.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i dont know the answer, but i did have a question. can u still run the usdm bumper support with the jdm bumper?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just drill some holes man. that would be the cleanest way. Otherwise make your own adaptor out of some abs or something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, i got pissy and ended up drilling through the license plate becasue i didnt want to drill through the jdm bumper and i wanted to use the stock locations but still have it sit higher as to not be completely blocking the intercooler. Luckly, after i looked up some laws and it is legal to drill through the license plate as long as it doest disfigure any letters or numbers. Now, if anyone is running a jdm rear bumper, how did you get that to work. Becasue its just zip tied in there for me.

About the jdm support with a usdm bumper, i am not sure about that one. Id have to look into that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i was going to suggest drilling through the plate but looks like you already did lol. do you have a pic of your car? im thinking about going kouki with jdm bumper also

·
Registered
887 Posts
need pics man. It would be nice to see everyone on this forum with a jdm kouki bumper to post pics, also on a side note does anyone have the lip that goes on the jdm kouki bumper and if so post a pic, they do make them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
HKS240 said:
need pics man. It would be nice to see everyone on this forum with a jdm kouki bumper to post pics, also on a side note does anyone have the lip that goes on the jdm kouki bumper and if so post a pic, they do make them.

I don't think Nissan made a lip for JDM cars. You must be thinking about some sort of aftermarket lip.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They made a lip for the jdm kit but i dont have it. I want it really badly but its horribly expensive. Here are some pics before i got the front plate on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Okay, you cats were right. Here's the ubber rare and wildly expensive JDM lip:

If you don't have 600 bucks or want to visit Japan why not consider the aftermarket TRUST lip:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OHHHH, sooooo expensive but soooo sexy. I need money to go other places first though. Like coilovers, and better tires........oh yeah and college.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks for finding those pics, I knew someone made a lip for the jdm bumper but I didn't know about the thrust lip.
That Purple kouki from Maine pwns all, that is pure sex.
Would like more pics of this setup, any setup that has a jdm kouki bumper and a lip, I searched google but didn't find anymore pics, want a angle pic, I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I dont think the lip flows with the oem side skirts.
about the license plate. i made a bracket that mounts onto my bumper first, then the license plate will mount on that bracket. I just didn't want to drill anything. It's all held up by zipties lol.
My solution to fix this. is to make a bracket out of metal like this angle down bracket:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8025813557&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
I'd rather drill into brackets than bumper and license plate.

the USDM bumper support fits, the impact foam doesn't fit unless you trim it. I threw that shit in the trash.

A bracket needs to be made for the rear bumper too; to mount the license plate.

·
Registered
438 Posts
HKS240 said:
Thanks for finding those pics, I knew someone made a lip for the jdm bumper but I didn't know about the thrust lip.
That Purple kouki from Maine pwns all, that is pure sex.
Would like more pics of this setup, any setup that has a jdm kouki bumper and a lip, I searched google but didn't find anymore pics, want a angle pic, I'll keep looking.

Search Zilvia.net for "JDM Kouki lip" ...the topic has been discussed a few times and I'm sure you can find a few more pictures too.

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
DON'T drill holes. See those 2 tabs where the screws go into? They snap on and have free play. Since the usdm license plate holes are narrower than the jdm holes, just move the 2 tabs toward the center enough so that you can fit the usdm license plate. I did it on mine:

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I tried moving the brackets on my S13 silvia bumper, didnt work. So I drilled two holes in the license plate. Better then the zip ties holding it before. That JDM lip is ugly.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
golfer17 - I fit the JDM bumper on my car with the USDM bumper reinforcement. I will admit it was tight, but fit just fine. Also...you can not use the foam support due to this.

As for the JDM lip....its rare and hard to find...when you do its $$$$ The Gracer (aka GReddy) lip for the JDM Kouki bumper is easier to find.

BTW...here is a link to the only bumper and aero lip I see for sale....

http://www.jspec.com/s14koukwaerl.html

1 - 20 of 27 Posts