Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... since everyone i ask privately doesnt know... ill just ask it publicly...

But first... i found an s13 for sale for $500 obo (id give 400 cash...)

Now... its in fairly good condition. so i was wondering... if i COMPLETELY strip it down and sell all the parts... what would be an estimated total i can get... if lets say i sell all the stuff... minus the stuff thats obviously not worth jack.

btw... it doesnt run... he doesnt know why....

also... here is what his posts say...

1990 240sx for 500 OBO.
engine needs alot of work and doesnt run right now, no idea whats wrong with it, only have slight ideas what COULD be wrong.
may need a complete overhaul/rebuild.
good project car, i just cant afford to keep putting money into it, i have a kid now, and the army doesnt pay enough to be working on a project car.
ive put at least 900 into it, to include new battery, new bosch platinum 4 spark plugs, fram air filter, new water pump, just had an oil change but may have a leak in the oil pan, transmission doesnt shift properly, judging by some of the issues with it im guessing whoever buys it will have to put in at least 750 worth of engine work just to get it running properly, not perfect but properly.

i tried to sell it previously, but the guy didnt want it.
its a 1990 nissan 240sx, i cant figure out whats wrong with it and neither can anyone i talk to, ive put at least a grand into it
and i just cant afford to keep putting money into something i cant fix.
but anyone who likes project cars should love this thing, its got alot of potential.
brand new battery, 17inch konig rims, brand new platinum 4 bosch spark plugs (full set)
just had a new starter put in, and oil change.
brand new fram air filter, new water pump.
no belt for the AC, hole in the air intake (not bad) small exauhst leak, transmission doesnt shift properly, no right side view mirror.
right now the car doesnt run, its sitting at pepboys cause thier morons and made the problems slightly worse, so anyone who wants it will have to meet me at pepboys, only problem is i have A LOT of stuff in the car that i need to get back on to ft. bliss. by the way its an automatic.

·
Registered
867 Posts
You can get 400$ if you buy the car and sell it to me.

if its in ok condition

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^congratulations... but id rather just part it out if i can make a profit that way...

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Parting a car out is a huge pain and the ass, and you won't make that much money for it to be worth it. Junkyards are lined with these things. Maybe if you live in South California, but even then its iffy. ESPECIALLY if it doesn't run.

240sx are dying everyday so you can get practically any part for nearly free. Only time it is worth it is if you already have the car and its going to the junkyard anyways OR you need a few parts off a car so you buy it for those parts and sell what you don't need.

I'd say you'd be extremely lucky to get your $400 back. Not to mention you have to have it sitting around taking up space for ever. You'll either have it sitting in the garage taking up space, or you'll have it in the front driveway/street and have the city hounding you. You could keep it in the backyard and be a hoosier...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could... but thats gay...

btw... its not a hatchback... and ive actually been looking for one of these also... so i may just get it regardless...

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
i agree with warpig. the profit to pain in the ass ratio just isnt there. it could be on a different model of car, or more specifically, one that isnt laying around in junk yards and pick yards already.

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
oh, and if your ever going to TRUELY part out a car, make sure you have a torch for making scrap metal...you can get some extra cash that way.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im just talking about the interior and everything in the engine bay.... me and a buddy are gonna toss a 350 in it if we do get it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts