Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am a new member and I need some help on identifying parts. I have a cracked block and I need to buy one. I see a lot of posts with Long Block and Short Block. I need to know how in the world to identify which I have.

Also, I have some rod bearings and I now need to know if they will fit the engine. I bought them for an SR20 but now know I have a CA18, will they still work with the engine I have?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
No. You will need CA18 specific bearings, and you also need a machine shop to measure your crankshaft main and rod journals to see what size bearings you require.

In all honesty, it sounds like you are already over your head, so I suggest you let a professional shop or machinist assemble your engine and order your parts.

A long block includes the head and rotating assembly, short block is just a block with rotating assembly. Again, take what you currently have to a reputable engine builder and have him go over it with you and follow his advice. Be prepared for him to tell you that you will need a new crank and head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for answering my questions , i have been comparing prices for parts and i think i should just get another ca18det to replace the one i have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts