Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'll try to describe best as i can

on the negative terminal, there are 2 ground wires. 1 will ground about 4-6 inches right around the fusebox. The other 1 grounds where? i bought my car used and look like someone just simply cut it. I was gonna just ground it anywhere but feel more comfortable grounding it where it's supposed to be grounded thanks! PS: i think this is why my car has trouble starting sometimes

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics or diagram? that would make it easier for me to ground it better. Well the starting issue is kind of odd. If i crank the key all the way it wont start, it will simply click. But if i crank it slightly so it cranks, it'll start up fine.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The short half of the ground cable goes to the batt tray. The longer part goes to the intake manifold. Just take the lower left bolt out of the TB and hook the wire up there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gtp420 said:
The short half of the ground cable goes to the batt tray. The longer part goes to the intake manifold. Just take the lower left bolt out of the TB and hook the wire up there.

thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've searched but where can i download the FSM? There seems to be tons of deadlinks on these forums

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have the battery relocated and grounded in the trunk, it doesnt need to be grounded to the block...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts